The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I hate all day....
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it longer and why does it help to replace it with a regular one. I know it gets rid of the cackle but why is it longer in the first place?

wildcat

·
jammer
44 Posts
I have seen a lot of posts that suggest that the LL deals with 'pressure waves' in the fuel rail better than the stock injector. Some folks are conviced that cackel is caused by air in the fuel system causing #8 to run lean. Hell, diesel runs lean by design!!! :shrug: I know in my case, a dose of diesel kleen when she's a knockin' will really quiet down the beast. A good WOT pull to 80mph also will pull any air out of the rails and send it down the pipe. Mine useually runs quieter after a little burst of smoke on a beamer!! LOL One other mod I have seen is to get rid of the snap connector on the tank side of the fuel pump. A lot of folks have seen a lot of improvement in cackel when the pump quits suckin' air at that connection. I RTV'd mine, seemed to help.

remember, fun starts at the right foot! :Thumbup:

·
6,337 Posts
Wildcat said:
Why is it longer and why does it help to replace it with a regular one. I know it gets rid of the cackle but why is it longer in the first place?

wildcat
Just a FYI your 6L doesnt have one...

I really dont think theres any performance gained by installing a normal one in its place, until you jump to aftermarket injectors, fuel systems and the like...

·
I hate all day....
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know my 6.0 doesnt have one LOL

i have a 01 7.3 as well

Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts