The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be buying a 10k load leveling hitch and need some advice on which type to purchase. I see round bar and trunnion bar types. Some advice on their differences would be great.

Also I am going to be pulling multiple different trailers. I would like one that is the easiest to install and adjust to each different type/weight of trailer.

This will be going on my new 11 F350 if that matters.

·
227 Posts
Reactions: Hatya

·
1,060 Posts
thats tuff, since you will be using mulitple trailers. As long as all the trailers are basicly the same (as in level coupler hight) you should be able to adjust the amount of distribution just by going up or down a link of the chains (on round bar) dont forget you will need to have the couplers for the bars on each trailer or transfer it over to every trailer ( I know with mine I had to move my brake-away batt. box to a new location) But it can take a couple hours to get it just right with each new trailer if you have to raise or lower the ball hight on the truck, because then you need to set up the angle in wich the bars will be set to. you normally dont see contractors that pull multiple trailers with them because it is too much work to set one up correctly. not to mention how you will load up the bars and unload them whenever you go to hookup or drop a trailer. I normaly will keep two cinder blocks in the bed of my truck to drive up to get some angle and a large block of wook to still lift the trailer a bit more so I can load my bars.

What are you doing to switch to multiple trailers?

·
1,060 Posts
Ok, I have used both types. The Equal-i-zer hitch. It work perfect ever time and there is never anything to adjust. It is fast, safe and easy to hook up and go. It is the only hitch I would use.

tp://www.equalizerhitch.com/

don't think you will find it any cheaper then here...

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/equal-i-zer-hitch-1000-10000lbs-trailer-weight-90-00-1000.html

and it wouldn't hurt too watch this in your spare time, lol

YouTube - Equal-i-zer Hitch - Towing Safety
Yeah there is nothing to adjust to your one trailer you use it for but who set up the hitch for you when first installed, was it you? if so how long did it take the first time to get the angles right? install check uninstall add shims reinstall. once set up for one trailer your good to go for that trailer

·
5,365 Posts
Im going to be buying a 10k load leveling hitch and need some advice on which type to purchase. I see round bar and trunnion bar types. Some advice on their differences would be great.

Also I am going to be pulling multiple different trailers. I would like one that is the easiest to install and adjust to each different type/weight of trailer.

This will be going on my new 11 F350 if that matters.
you dont say what the trailers are, their length or their capacity.
do you own the trailers already ? do they require load leveling hitches or
anti sway control ?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Ok, I have used both types. The Equal-i-zer hitch. It work perfect ever time and there is never anything to adjust. It is fast, safe and easy to hook up and go. It is the only hitch I would use.

tp://www.equalizerhitch.com/

don't think you will find it any cheaper then here...

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/equal-i-zer-hitch-1000-10000lbs-trailer-weight-90-00-1000.html

and it wouldn't hurt too watch this in your spare time, lol

YouTube - Equal-i-zer Hitch - Towing Safety

:whs

I still have ours off of our travel trailer( just in case a need for one arises) I like it cause there is no counting chain links and it does weight distribution and anti sway all in one unit. Very good choice here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts