The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to upgrade my car trailer tires, on my 20ft open car trailer. What kind of tires are you guys running (brand and load rating)? Just curious to see what load rating to run with.

I appreciate any input!:D

·
2,710 Posts
Firestone Fire Hawks load range C, 235/70R15C's to be exact :thumbsup

they are the correct hight but a good bit wider allowing the trailer to float in muddy mucky places it also seem's to roll easier on the pavement . . .

Mike

·
1,836 Posts
I run E rated 16's off the pickup

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
I have D rated 15" Goodyears on my Haulmark triaxle. 13 yrs and only on my second full set of tires.

Would love to upgrade to 16", but oh well it's made it this far.

·
2,710 Posts
I too would love to run some 225/75R16E's or 245/75R16E's for the loads that actually end up on it . . .

Mike

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Reactions: 4rcFed

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really trying to decide between "C" or "D" load range tires. Any 'trailer' tire hopefully will do better than the regular radials that are on there I hope.:(

·
1,709 Posts
Really trying to decide between "C" or "D" load range tires. Any 'trailer' tire hopefully will do better than the regular radials that are on there I hope.:(
I would suggest D.:thumbsup

·
1,836 Posts
That is why I am running E rates taken off the pickup, they are down to 4 32nds coming off the pickup and are usually 7-8 years old before the wearbars show flush.

The other part is the number of trailer tires that break the belt, looks like rust to me, but the tread breaks diagonally.

·
149 Posts
Goodyear Marathons. Size 225/75/15 on the race trailer load range D. 235/80/16's load range E on the flatbed. I don't remember what the brand was. Sorry.

LT.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
:whs on the camper, and I know its a cheaper tire but its a BTC Trailer tire and its an 8 ply tire I believe, Had them for 2 1/2 years and they do pretty good, I think they where 80 bucks a piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts