The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this before? It is the factory command start and it worked perfectly before. It goes through all the motions but the starter just doesn't engage. The passive security light on the dash flashs? Thoughts?

·
42 Posts
Don't know if its the same or not but I had the same thing happen with a friends truck after loading a off-road tune from a SCT 9621 tuner. Security light flashed rapidly and starter would not engage. Codes B2900, U2011, U0115, U0100, and U2500 came up. Could not go back to stock - no communication with the tuner. Problem was the firmware for this manual tranny truck is different than with an auto and the ecm was locked up even though I didn't select "install firmware" at installation. I e-mailed the stock file to SCT and they wrote a recover program as well as sending me the correct firmware file. Truck was down two working days. Everything OK now. Hope this helps.

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked it and had no codes but it is the dashdaq. If I unplug it the command start works. It does not matter if it is tuned or not. Thoughts?

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to fast. I loaded the 210 hp tune and it does not work with the dashdaq plugged in or unplugged. The stock tune works if the dash daqis unplugged.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Unplugging the DD shouldnt make a difference. You can drive the truck around without the DD and the tunes will still be in the computer. Have you talked to spartan?

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet. I want to check a few more things out so that I have all the information straight first.

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well still waiting for a reply from Spartan. I got the installation manual for the Ford remote start and have gone through the setup procedures. Everything looks good but it still does not work. If the truck is already running and I push the start button then it will keep running when I remove the key. If I try and start it with the remote start the pats light flashes and it will not engage the starter. I am running out of ideas.

·
28 Posts
i would love to know the answer to this. i have the exact same problem. it will stay running when its already running, but wont start from scratch and the security light just blinks.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
so if ou guys return it to the stock tuning its works fine??? The tuning shouldn't make a difference all the command start is doing is by passing the key

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pats system seems to be connected somehow also. The first time I returned it to the stock tune the remote starter worked but the next time I tried it even with the stock tune it did not work.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I would think its something other than the tuning.... I would take it to the palce that installed it

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be the ford dealer and they may have a bit of an issue with it not working after I installed the tunes. I have had the truck since May 07 and it has always worked fine. Only since I tuned it has it quit working. If I cannot find any other reason for it not working I may take it in but that will be my last option. If I don't hear anything from Spartan or anyone else I will start going through the wireing and find out how the remote start normally gets around the PATS system.

·
271 Posts
Sounds like the truck is losing pats programming, there is normally a couple wires, chances are if you had the dealer do it they wired it in, othertimes places will put a key in the dash in a box that simulates the signal with a wire around the key cylinder

·
271 Posts
try this for me, go out to your truck with both sets of keys, put key 1 in the ignition once the theft light goes off put key 2 in the ignition once it goes off remove the key and remote start it that should reprogram your pats

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup tried that. I got the manual for reprograming the PATS. I still just get the PATS flashing and a no start. What happens if I just unplug the PATS ant from the module. It would probably just disable the starter because there is no signal. You would think that if the alarm was not engaged and the key was in the ign then it should start with the remote start because the PATS has the signal from the key but it doesn't. Only starts when you turn the key.

Mark

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well here is the latest. It does not matter which tune I have in but if I put the key in the ign and push the remote start button then remove the key the remote start will work. If i leave the key in the ign the remote start does not work as that is one of the sfety features of the system. I still have not hear anything from Spartan on it and you can see why I would be hesitant to take it to the dealer. Thoughts?

·
603 Posts
Give Matt a little time he'll get it figured out.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
So if it does it stock why would you think its the tuner???

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't say 100% but it only did it after the tuner was installed. on another site there another guy that has had the same thing happen. Apparantly there is a few problem with some PATS modules that loos there memory when you tune the truck. Just mine seems like you cannot reprogram the pats anymore.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
So Cook did you get this figured out yet? I ask because mine is on the fritz now. I have the exact same problem but intermittant. The times it doesn't work has the EXACT same symptoms but then every now and then it works fine?!!?!?

WTF over??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts