The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a v4 i guess? of the 275 in my email a few months ago and finally got around to loading it today because the version I had been running was fine. It seemed to be a little louder which I liked and blew a little more smoke. What I didn't liek was that the tranny got lost A LOT, i got turbo farts (going back through the turbo) A LOT, and I didn't like how when i let off the skinny petal i'm thrown forward. After about 1-2 hours worth of driving i decided that I felt like i was going to break something and parked at the mall and switched back to the old version which these things occur a lot less frequently.

Did I just get a bad tune revision? and if anyone from spartan reads this are you going to make a tune that lopes in the future? I want my truck to lope soooooooo bad:usflag

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
i had that v3 tune for about 2 days and took it out, mine did the same tranny thing...sucked

·
14 Posts
Turbo barking? that ain't good.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea there were definitely some glitches with the tune i guess. i took it out once i got somewhere i could sit for 15 minutes. it was so hot to day it was miserable sitting in the truck waiting for the tuneto load

·
40 Posts
got V3 on my job one and its been great.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what i loaded was v4 i believe

·
773 Posts
Thats what I'm running, and I have to ease out of the throttle to prevent barking and being thrown forward...just something to get used to, alot like my 05 with Innovative's X-street.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
I'm running the 275v2 and as of late it seems the tranny has been getting lost, so I reloaded it without switching back to stock, still seemed lost at times, so I finally returned it to stock, then loaded the 275v2 again and it seems to be a little better, but still lost at times. I don't like it.

·
24 Posts
hey matt05 do you still have the snow performance for sale? i tried to pm you but my post count isnt high enough. if you still have it, pm me. thanks

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
No its V3...and IMO it sucks..lol...V2 is much better
what scott said...it being louder and smokier than V2 is a first though

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Probably V2.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Im wondering if spartan is going to do another revision to the 275. I hope so. I really wish i could get the V2 power everyone is talking about.

·
1,077 Posts
I have the v2 but I think there's a v4 out now and its supposed to be way better than the v3 for power but better shifting than the v2.

·
145 Posts
lil off topic but close...was wondering what version of the 250 is best...i just got mine in my email a few days ago...so would this be the latest version and a good one?? thought i read somewhere they have 3versions of this tune...only reason why i wanted an updated one was the surging in cool weather

·
1,077 Posts
lil off topic but close...was wondering what version of the 250 is best...i just got mine in my email a few days ago...so would this be the latest version and a good one?? thought i read somewhere they have 3versions of this tune...only reason why i wanted an updated one was the surging in cool weather
sorry i have no idea. havent ran the 250 since the 275 came out.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
asu20ram, I have no idea why you can't pm me, but I have the kit still, still in the box.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts