The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the other day i tried to put my truck in 4 high, and it would not engage, so i decided to lock them manually and that works fine, now the problem is that if i leave the hubs locked manually I can still use the switch on the dash to go from 2 high to 4 high like normal and even 4 low. so i figured problem was solved and payed no further attention to it, and it has worked fine with the hubs in the locked position for months now.

but i had a guy today that was in a diesel tell me that he saw my hubs turning while driving and that they shouldn't if i was in 2 wheel drive.

so can anybody tell me what's going on. did i break something for the 4 high switch not to work with the hubs in the unlocked position?

Thanks
Brandon

·
1,415 Posts
The hubs are vaccume operated you probibly have vacume leak at the seal in the hubs or a line.

·
23 Posts
Was it very cold out when they didn't work. mine would do that if temp was -20C or colder but would work after driving for a while. also if you lock the hubs manually they are locked no matter where you're 4x4 switch is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts