The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is, when i graduate i'm lookin to get a 99 24v with about 97000 miles, my plan, a fass, dynomite diesel 150 injectors, dynomite diesel 62/14 turbo, and edge juice with attitude, and maybe a little farther down the line a smarty, i hear tales of that being a good stack. plus the standard stuff, BHAF and straight pipe All on a six-speed w/ a good clutch.

that being said, i don't want my truck to last only 20000 miles after i get it, how long will the truck stay reliable with this setup?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Well make sure you dont get a "53" block 99 model...and that all really depends how hard you are on it...joints and bearings have been a problem for me and several other people I know. It also depends on your IP just b/c you have a FASS doesnt really mean it will last toooo long.

Nathaniel

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the ip problems ive just kind of accepted. and joints and stuff like that come with any older model, I'm talkin' stuff that would make the truck undrivable, i don't plan to baby it, but I don't plan to do sled pulls or floor it all the time either. it'll obviously be my daily driver, I live in the louisiana, home of the worst roads in the country, and off-roading happens frequently

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
I think you should be ok...Smarty on Level 8 and run the Comp low for Daily Driving, b/c with those 150 sticks on a 62/14 it will probably get a little hott.

Nathaniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts