The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I looked at a 99 F250 4x4 auto tranny powerstroke. It is extended cab short bed and has 88,000 miles on it. it's in great shape and well documented by the owner. He is asking 16,700 for it and I am wondering what you think it is worth.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would say so I paid twelve five for my 2003 and it had 100,000 on it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is probably retail price for it... In my opinion I wouldnt give a $1 over 14k.. Good Luck!!

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
low retail on that truck is 15k. so you go from there. long story short the dealer ship sold my old 99 4x4 psd for $18k with 132k on it. it look real good put it was ragged.LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds a little expensive for a 99. It really depends on how clean it is and where it is located. I would say find out if it is an early or late 99.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds a little expensive for a 99. It really depends on how clean it is and where it is located. I would say find out if it is an early or late 99.

Sorry I posted twice, the computer messed up

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea this is one a friend is looking at. I thought it was a little high also. the truck is in really great shape but will see how much he will let it go for. is there any way of telling if it is a early 99 by just looking at the truck instead of looking up the vin number.

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
doesn't earlie 99's have a fuel bowl some where on the fire wall? thats just what i heard dunno if its true

·
158 Posts
one way to tell a early 99, they have a powerstroke emblem on the front fender behind the head light unlike the later powerstrokes where its on the door

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Sounds a little high, especially if its private party. :poke:

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
It's sounds reasonably priced to me, but there are all sorts of considerations.

One of the best ways to tell if it's an early '99 is to open the hood, remove the cover over the fuel bowl and look for the glow plug relay. If you can only see one relay in there, it's an early '99.

Also the turbo and the intakes are different. The fender badges are not a sure-fire method. Mine's an early '99 and it has door badges. Look at the manufacture date on the door tag which just might settle it.

You need to put up the VIN for an OASIS anyway, which will tell you for certain.

prt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts