The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is an 2008 F350 King Ranch CC 4x4 and loaded. WIfe really likes it. It has the tow boss, moon roof, 245/75R17 tires,advanced security group, off road package, heated seats, dual climate control, 4.30 limited slip, 6cd audiophile radio system, extra heavy duty alternator, hydro boost brakes, reverse sensor and r/v cam. Stealership is asking 44 and some change got them down to $41,000. Is this a good price or should we try to get them lower? Thanks in advance.

·
215 Posts
The truck is an 2008 F350 King Ranch CC 4x4 and loaded. WIfe really likes it. It has the tow boss, moon roof, 245/75R17 tires,advanced security group, off road package, heated seats, dual climate control, 4.30 limited slip, 6cd audiophile radio system, extra heavy duty alternator, hydro boost brakes, reverse sensor and r/v cam. Stealership is asking 44 and some change got them down to $41,000. Is this a good price or should we try to get them lower? Thanks in advance.
New or Used?

Ford is still on their employee pricing are they not?

I special ordered mine from the factory with everything I wanted and not a thing extra. MSRP was 52K paid 41K, the thing with the special order is it costs the dealership nothing you take custody the day it arrives. I paid $138 over invoice for my rig.

You can still talk them down but selling cars has changed a lot in the last 10 yrs. Like Dodge, Ford now has set prices on the vehicles, in turn dealerships don't pay for advertising, employee costs and a few other perks they had to in the past. The dealership profits from add on's, aftermarket parts, and warrantee additions.

:happymugs

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
18" rims are the smallest you could get on the KR I thought

·
215 Posts

·
506 Posts

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Sounds like a nice truck, but I'd be very wary of the 4:30 gears...you're buying the least efficient DPF equipped light duty truck as it is, so I would want every advantage to get better mileage, but that's just me.

Try looking for something with 3:73's would be my personal opinion, unless all you do is tow.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I agree, it would be better to have 3.73's, Especially if you plan on putting a tuner on it.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Ok gotcha...on a side note that cabelas edition looks pretty cool. like King Ranch and Lariat leather combined

·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did not think about the gearing issue and since I don't just tow all the time you are right, I will pass for now. Thanks

·