The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you had changed out your cab lights to the smoke color or clear or super bright. I have thought about changing mine but not sure about it. If you have any pictures of your trucks with the new lights on the roof lets see them, see if it can help me make a decision about mine. Thanks and any info on them would be great. Thanks again for info and pics, so lets see some pics of them yall.

thanks,
lbdodge24v

·
33 Posts
I changed my clearance lights out on my truck from orange to smoke. I got them from Recon I believe they were about 50 dollars. They look great, I thought that I was just getting new lenses but it was all new lights with orange LED bulbs inside. So at night they still shine orange like the old ones but during the day they look black. I will try to get some pictures up.

·
112 Posts
clear ones i like them...

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look good on your truck. I thought seeing some pics may help, but may just make my decision harder. But lets see somemore, thanks cummins5390, and nice looking truck there!!:wow

·
112 Posts
anytime thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heres mine, I actually bought the whole light kit and installed because my truck never had lights to start. good luck! -Ethan

·
3,514 Posts
I like those smoked ones a lot. I wonder how they would look on a darker truck though. My friend has them on his truck but its white. It might blend in a bit with the dark blue during the day. That'd be cool. Where did you get them.
Sean

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you* I got them off line can't remember the site but i think they were like 75.00 shipped, this site has them for $69.00. or try googling " Recon lights"http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/recon_cab_roof_lights.htm My buddy actually has a black sport 99' with smoked lights, if i see him soon i'll try to get pictures, But it dosn't look to bad, they don't blend in real bad. you can still tell it has lights in the day. I think they'd look preety good on dark blue thoe. -Ethan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, these recons are like that to , they light up orange with 3 LED's only in a triangle pattern (you would never know that seeing them on the road). I wasn't sure what color they would be untill i got them as we'll. Heres a tip if your making your own harness, TAPE IT OUT OF WAY. I managed to put the screw that holds the sun visor up right threw my main power wire and killed my fuse :pointlaugh. at any rate the head liners in our truck arn't the funnest thing coming out so try to get it in one shot good luck -Ethan

·
90 Posts
I got clear/smoked on my truck. They're not clear and they're not that dark. I got them from Stylin' Concepts.com, for $48, but they are made by Recon. I will try to get some pics up for you.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the help on trying to make this decision. Luckily my truck already has the lights on it. Is it just a unscrew the old ones and unplug them and plug the new ones in process. Was wondering about that too. I haven't decided anything yet. I was thinking the smoked ones, but they may be too dark on my truck and not show during the day, but then the others are going to glow up there. Nice looking truck Ethan, those smoked lights look good on there.

·
90 Posts

It took a while but here is the best pic I could find of the cab lights.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help, 2000RamCTD, your pic didn't show up, I would really like to see it if it is possible to try putting it again. I may have to post pone buying the cab lights because of other purchases being made. Will have to see what comes about. But I am either going with the smoked ones or clears!!

·
409 Posts
Murray689 said:
I changed my clearance lights out on my truck from orange to smoke. I got them from Recon I believe they were about 50 dollars. They look great, I thought that I was just getting new lenses but it was all new lights with orange LED bulbs inside. So at night they still shine orange like the old ones but during the day they look black. I will try to get some pictures up.
u ever get those pix?

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, i am getting ready to order some smoked can lights. I think the clears are gonna be way to bright for me, but not totally sure, Thought there was a pic of a dark truck with smoked lights coming on here. If anyone has one would really like to see it.

Also do the relacements just plug into the wires up there, or are there plugs, i have never taken mine off and was wondering how they were hooked up.

One other thing, is the best place to get them from recon or are there others out there selling them for less or all about the same?

Thanks for any info given,

thanks again,
lbdodge24v

·
Registered
212 Posts
here is an okay picture of the clear ones. i like the clear ones on a white truck, they dont stand out untill night:sly:

Attachments

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks ryan. Those look sweet on that white truck. I am wondering if that is what the smoked ones would look like on mine. Kinda blend during the day and then shine at night. With the smoked lense are they still good and bright like the stock ones??

And still wanting to make sure it is just a plug in deal with the new ones?

·
112 Posts
on mine you just repleace the bulb with an LED then just switch the covers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts