The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I am tihnking of replacing out my pads and rotors on my 06 f-350 its getting to be that time. This is a new thing to me never dug into the brakes on anything beofre . I am looking at brakeperformance.com and it you get the premium dimpled and slotted rotrs you get free semi-metallic brake pads. Is this a good way to go. This is the link to what I am looking at
http://brakeperformance.com/site/brake_rotors.php?&vtype=1&vmake=62887&vmodel=73368&vyear=73894&vdetail=73899&cPath=1_62887_73368_73894_73899_73902&dv=051410&ad=dw

front rotors priced at 203 and rears at 256 is that good pricing? Like I said new to the brake end of things. Hoping someone can give me some help here. Thanks everyone

·
1,060 Posts
Reactions: yamaman

·
Haulin' Hay
565 Posts
I agree w/ Trip, though I've had excellent luck with the NAPA Severe Duty brake pads. They lasted 90k miles, w/ stock rotors & stop excellent. This is on my truck, that I tow regularly with.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I will probably just go over to ford and pic up some new pads. I wil have to get some pics of my one rotor when I get the wheels off again cause the one at the cooling fins looks like there has been some almost chipped off might be normal not sure. Thanks guys

·
7 Posts
Glad I found this thread. I have my '08 due for brakes (76,000 miles). The dealership wants $521 per axle to do the brakes, saying that the rotors need to be replaced. Is this true? I have always thought that you could get at least 2 or 3 pad changes before you had to replace rotors, any opinions?

·
Haulin' Hay
565 Posts
Glad I found this thread. I have my '08 due for brakes (76,000 miles). The dealership wants $521 per axle to do the brakes, saying that the rotors need to be replaced. Is this true? I have always thought that you could get at least 2 or 3 pad changes before you had to replace rotors, any opinions?
$521??

WOW! You can replace everything yourself for half that much... Depends on the condition of the rotors, how the truck was used, and if the pad was worn down enough for the metal backer to eat into the rotor. Are they grooved?

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
O'reilly's Lifetime Rotors & Pads are excellent, if you have one around.

Best part is you just bring the old ones back and walk out with new ones...at no cost.

·
3 Posts
rotors / brakes

just replaced the rear rotors on 03 excursion with brake performance dimpled rotors / premium pads. Rotors are very well made and fit perfectly. Brake pads make no noise and stop the truck much quicker than stock with no brake dust. What more can you ask for in brakes/ rotors. the job cost $220 and took about 2 hours. The rotors have a lifetime warranty against cracking / warping. the hardest part was getting the wheels off as the back side of the wheels were rusted to the old rotors. Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts