The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a polaris sportsman 600 and a honda TRX450R, Had a 250R but sold it. I would like to get another one again for my cousins to ride, but I want something that will go in sand, but also beable to hang with me 4wheeling. I have to 2 quads so I don't have a problem in the one enviorment or the other. They really have never riden quads, they have dirt bikes, so a big one like my sportsman is too big.
I was thinking maybe one of those polaris scramblers, I know they are popular for rentals at the dunes in Oregon, and I know you could get a 4wd one before.

Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
I'm guessing your looking for more of a Sport ATV than a utilty ATV, I'm more of a utility guy and don't know much about sport ATVs, but i've also heard good things on those Scramblers

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
The Honda 300X is a good quad that can do most anything and not be so hard to ride. Good and mellow, yet you can ride it hard too... just a thought. Or the Raptor 350...

F

·
0 Posts
Just a thought, but how about a Honda Rincon, 600cc, like a sport bike in 2 wheel drive, but will go through some mud in 4 wheel. Also it's a 3spd.

·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got a 400ex with a new motor, so its a 428, guess it will be good in the sand, but not so good when Iam on the 4wd mashing over trees.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get a kawasaki prarie 700 4x4. I have one and its a blast to ride because you have lots of power and handles trails like a sport bike. Ive drove honda,polaris,artic cat,but the kawasaki dominates all of them.

·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know Kawis suck for a sand bike. And for a 4wd there are no good too. Anyway this is not a quad Iam going to ride I have a TRX450R honda for sand and a polaris sportsman 600 4x4 for mashing trees.

I was looking for a dual purpose one, so a full utility 4x4 is outta the question they are no good on sand.

·
313 Posts
i have an 04 z-450 for sale. it's set up for pro-class mx. i got hurt in the end of 03 never got ride it but one time. $7500.00 e-mail or call 205-533-0453 for pics

·
Registered
34 Posts
Atv

Thec polaris dealer near me has new polaris 250 two stroke quads for sale and I think they are around 3800.00 new. They are two wheel drive. plowking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts