The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 automatic and im afraid to put a chip on there but i want the black smoke is there any thing i can do or does any body know of a chip that wont mess up my trans and still throw a bunch of smoke.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the chip is the best bet IMO you can do injectors but you will end up putting more stress on the trans and turbo

·
3,514 Posts
Not really, its the extra fuel that causes smoke. And anyway you go about getting that, will result in damaging your transmission.
Sean

·
JakeBrakeIH
88 Posts
just plug your air filter LOL

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Really simple...

"BUILD FOR POWER AND THE SMOKE WILL COME!"

The more power you build on your truck the more and darker the smoke will become. Based on the fact power comes from more fuel. So you need big injectors and a enhancement box. then you'll be blowing smoke like the big boys... Oh yeah you will be part of the big boys! :Thumbup:​

·
Registered
550 Posts
why do uyou want the smoke so bad? I know that it is cool to see but with todays fuel prices it is just dollers rolling out the tailpipe plus that is just wasted hp. i would like to use that fuel more efficently and clean up the smoke even though it is cool to see, but just plug the airfilter if you really want it. i guess you could go with a really big charger that you will never get spooled that will help the smoke roll as well but sucky to drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts