The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm looking for a chip or programmer for a 199 4X4 cummins 5sp does anybody have any input. Or does anyone have one for sale?

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
my say is get a edge juice with attitude daddy has one and the good thang is you have a monitor that you can set your mininals and maxs out like EGT, boost, everythang else and anythang else you would have to get gauges and all that

·
157 Posts
I agree, edge probably has the best products for these trucks. Either go with the Juice/w Attitude, or the Comp, and Gauges. But don't forget about getting an aftermarket LP, or your just gonna fry the IP.

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
tst makes some good boxes or edge comp. also a smarty is a good stack with almost anything and well worth its money.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and what does stacking mean i just know i couldnt do this with my 7.3l

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
and what does stacking mean i just know i couldnt do this with my 7.3l
staking bascally means you can not put chips over chips or have a chip and deside get a programmer and took the programmer up and still have the chip on cause after a while its gonna burn your motor cause the only thang you are doin when you stack or add over somethang else is addin fuel and timmin and the 24v can only take so much

·
322 Posts
bullydog/hypertech

ive got a good setup its the bullydog outlook monitor with power enhancement and hypertech stage 3 programmer work great together i willing to sell for 700 shipped?? has all your gauges built in and on the fly power PM me if interested

·
Registered
13 Posts
just get you an air dog or raptor if you do put a chip in. i would read some other threads on here for a second opinion if i was you or just ask morpar1973man. see what he says. fuel,fuel and more fuel then you can do what you want. dont forget gauges or we will see you on here in a month asking why my truck wont start. thats how i found this place:kick

·
3 Posts
Regarding LP and Edge Comp

Hey Fellas-
I and a 98.5 2500 and swapped from stock to a FASS DDRP02- My gauge shows Im running about 18-22 psi at idle and under WOT I'm sitting between 16-18.
I have been wanting to take out my Power Puck and go to an Edge Comp... My brother (not a diesel guy, but is a parts/performance enthusiast if you will) keeps telling me the Comp will blow my motor and fry my VP---
Is there any truth to this or is he just too cautious?
Do I just keep the Puck or get the Comp? I only planned on running it on level 3 to bump up to an 80hp gain instead of the 50 gain from the puck. Or do I sell the FASS and get a Raptor 100 or 150?
It is my daily driver so it isnt too extreme and dont plan on it, just wan a little more go go and ability to push some smoke on people at times...
Help please...
Thanks fellas

·
11 Posts
I am looking for a tuner also. Is the Smarty better then Edge. My 2006 Dodge is getting 19 MPG now, will a tuner help my gas mileage? I have only had my truck for only 48 hours now. I am a "newbe" to the diesel.

·
1,189 Posts
Hey Fellas-
I and a 98.5 2500 and swapped from stock to a FASS DDRP02- My gauge shows Im running about 18-22 psi at idle and under WOT I'm sitting between 16-18.
I have been wanting to take out my Power Puck and go to an Edge Comp... My brother (not a diesel guy, but is a parts/performance enthusiast if you will) keeps telling me the Comp will blow my motor and fry my VP---
Is there any truth to this or is he just too cautious?
Do I just keep the Puck or get the Comp? I only planned on running it on level 3 to bump up to an 80hp gain instead of the 50 gain from the puck. Or do I sell the FASS and get a Raptor 100 or 150?
It is my daily driver so it isnt too extreme and dont plan on it, just wan a little more go go and ability to push some smoke on people at times...
Help please...
Thanks fellas
if you keep fuel pressure to the vp they live. I have had no issues with edge comp on mine but it's got 20psi constant feeding the pump. Your truck will be fine with the comp I assume you have pyro and boost with your fuel pressure gauge? If so just be smart and don't get the egt's hot for too long. I myself love my fass 150 with 3 micron filter. I don't like airdog but know people that love them too. what fuel pressure gauge do you have? what trans?

·
1,189 Posts
I am looking for a tuner also. Is the Smarty better then Edge. My 2006 Dodge is getting 19 MPG now, will a tuner help my gas mileage? I have only had my truck for only 48 hours now. I am a "newbe" to the diesel.
no a tuner will not help your gas mileage but should help fuel mileage. Your posting this in the wrong 24 valve area but thats ok. for your truck I would run the smarty they make better power and seem to work better. make sure to keep your fuel filter changed regularly.

·
Cummins
36 Posts
Shop for one through TS performance because i am good friends with the guy how makes the programers. he can design them for what ever you you want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts