The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good EGT Gauge and steering column pod. What brands are the best, and which match with the stock gauge configuration the best?

Whats the max EGT temp a truck should see while towing, if the probe is in the header like suggested?

·
6,337 Posts
Isspro is who I would run... Are you only planing on one gauge? I see you have a 6 speed so you really dont need a tranny temp, but a boost gauge is a very helpful tool as well.

Pre turbo pyro, 0-1600 is all you need. Isspro has gauge faces that match the factory to a T.

If your going to stick with a single gauge, check out the Terminator scan gauge... Good set up, you just have to order the pyro probe when you order it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Here's a semi-crappy photo of the white-pointer version (which is designed to match the OBS Fords like mine). It is a similar version but with a red-orange pointer to match the Super-Duty Fords.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Also - the pyrometers are available with or without the green/yellow/red color coding around them. The color code is handy if you let someone drive your truck who is unfamiliar with diesels, but I prefer the cleaner look of the non-color coded ones.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd really like to only run the one gauge for now. Don't have a lot of income right now.

Those look great, I like them without the colors around.

Who sells 'em?

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, do you have the product number for the guage that would match Fords super duty like you said?

The isspro site kinda sucks.

·
6,337 Posts
You will want a EV-2 0-1600 pyro, Just tell what ever vendor you choise you want it to match the factory dash... Black face red pointer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts