The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good garage to work on my 2000 5.9 cummins.

I live in Greensburg PA which is a suburb of Pittsburgh PA.

I just bought this truck and now its time to get the correct parts properly installed.

I googled for shops in the area, but I can't find anything.

I realize good cummins shops don't always have websites.

I will travel about 500 miles radius to have the right place work on this truck.

Anyone have suggestions I would appreciate it.

Steven

·
2,063 Posts
What all are you wanting done? If it is just a chip and exhaust that is one thing, or build a 2.6 puller is another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I just bought the truck there are a lot of things already done to the truck but none of the gauges work and I want a real shop putting the truck back into proper order!

Im only going to be pulling a heavy 40' 5th wheel on the street!

I wanna have a bullet proof, 800ft lb torque truck.

Truck has super chip, injectors, raptor 150 fuel pump, k&n filter, 6" Straight bed stack, auto tranny rebuilt 3k miles ago.

The truck needed a radiator so I bought that and a b&d intercooler & hose kit.

Those are the parts I wanted put on the truck for now and then have everything looked at to evaluate my next steps!

·
2,063 Posts
I am not sure how much you want to spend but 350 hp and 800 ft lbs is very do able. I would use a different programer box, 120 or 150 hp injectors, a small set of twins or a EFR turbo. Do you have a HX35 or a HY35 now? I like my muffler, the truck is loud enough. 4inch turbo back exhaust will be fine, and I like a low exhaust pipe to help keep the trailer cleaner, but to each his own. Gauges are mandatory, K&N filters have served me fine over the years but, you can run a one of the large paper air cleaners and not have issues with oil on the MAPP sensor. A improved lift pump is a must. You may as well break down and get a better Torque converter. And think about a shift kit. Is this truck 2 or 4 WD?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts