The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to build a solid reliable workhorse out of my truck with a little extra power. My sig tells what I have done to this point and I am happy with it so far. And yes I have gages on the way, they will be here Tuesday. But just wondering if anyone could give me some other ideas to get a little more power for safe towing...I travel up and down the east coast with 30' FW Camper or 24' Enclosed TT. Thanks for any suggestions.:bow:

·
3,514 Posts
Welcome to the Garage.
If I were in you I would look into a Set of Rv275 injectors (aka Bosch 300's) same thing different name. They aren't a giant HP gain, but roughly 40-60 hp, depending on your truck. They are a wonderful towing injector. I have experienced a milage increase and a drop in EGT's with this injector. Towing 18k with my Edge Comp (Hot) on stage 2x3 with these injectors I can keep my temps right around 1200 pulling a 12% grade. I also noticed increased throttle response, and If I'm dumping a lot of fuel at them, there is less smoke than stock as well. These are a great clean burning injector that run cool I highly recommend them for towing.
Sean

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sean, if I were to use injectors like that would I leave the EZ on the 3rd position or am I going to need to change that for the new injectors???

B

·
0 Posts
You could leave it in whatever position you would like. Just keep an occasional eye on your EGT to make sure all is ok.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have found that the once you change out the Intake manifold you can drop your EGT's down anywhere from 100-175 degrees. Now this depends on the tuner and what kind of injectors you are running. ATS makes a nice one .

personally for towing , I ran a tuner that was adjustable for a while with the ATS manifold and a drop in K&N replacement filter, my trailer weighed in at 13000k because it had a sandcar in back. You should be running between 900-1100 degrees this way with that kind of weight.

As soon as you hit big mountains or long grades it will climb to a max or 1200 to 1250, thats when I got an intercooler, that dropped it down another 100 degrees.
I feel pretty comfortable this way and its not too many mods if you want to keep it really reliable.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
A BHAF and a set of 275's or a set of stage 3 jammer nozzles will work just fine. You can always bump up to an Edge comp also. That way you can turn up the power when not towing and turn it back down to tow. That is what I do and it works out fine.

·
706 Posts
Your at the limit of your stock auto now,dont do anything else until you get the trans done.Scott at MASS DIESEL shouldnt be too far from you,he can get your trans ready for more power.Adding more power now,and towing is a recipe for an expensive disaster.Your towing up and down the east coast,you need a strong,reliable trans/truck.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, The Trans is next on my list after Christmas of course since it's a slightly large investment. Anyway I appreciate the help.:thanks:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts