The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM GETTING INFORMATION ABOUT TUNERS AND ALL THE SETTINGS. I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE "HIGH IDLE" SETTING IS GOOD FOR AND I DO NOT NO WHAT THE "VALET" SETTING DOES. CAN ANYONE HELP ME.:thanks:

·
Registered
624 Posts
in my opion the high idle mod is for keeping the turbo oil the higher idle creates more oil pressure there for better lubrication at least thats one of the main reasons I idle my big truck up. there may be more but im not sure what they are. As far as tuners it depends on what u have for a ride file out your sig so we know what you are running.

BTW welcome to the garage!!!

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
ok.....the high idle helps in the winter time with warm ups and summer time with the AC. All it does is raise the idle to a set point. And yes, it does help with the lubrication factor as well. If left to idle for extended periods of time, the idle should be raised.

The valet setting is good for when you let your girl or your buddy drive your truck. I know on chips, you can set it at like 70 mph. And that is ALL the truck will do. Kind of a safe way to make sure others are not beating the crap out of your truck.

kevin

·
Registered
624 Posts
that valet setting is kinda cool I would set mine at like 30mph just to mess with some one LOL

·
6,337 Posts
What year truck? OBS (old body style) or SD (super duty).

What are you wanting to do with it?

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
like noted before, the high idel helps the engine warm up in the winter. This way instead of leaving it set for 15-20 min.... you can leave it warm up for 10-15 min.

·
Registered
101 Posts
TShas great chips just got one and i love it

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
bigdraft said:
The valet setting is good for when you let your girl or your buddy drive your truck. I know on chips, you can set it at like 70 mph. And that is ALL the truck will do. Kind of a safe way to make sure others are not beating the crap out of your truck.
kevin
Valet should teach them how to park a full size truck as well LOL.

Tony Wildman hasn't been mentioned yet. He has a good rep as well as DP. I know there are others as well.

·
6,337 Posts
I wish we had some more info on the truck... It makes a big differance on who a person would recomend... and what settings...

·
330 Posts
I need help choosing a tuner for a 06 f250

I have a 2006 f 250 powerstroke turbo and would like to buy a tuner. I was thinking of getting a banks six gun tuner and power pda. What do you guys think. I think that this one is the best of all the other tuners. Thank you:shrug: :Thumbup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lee boy said:
I have a 2006 f 250 powerstroke turbo and would like to buy a tuner. I was thinking of getting a banks six gun tuner and power pda. What do you guys think. I think that this one is the best of all the other tuners. Thank you:shrug: :Thumbup:
DP-Tuner, much better programing, you won't be sorry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts