The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of getting a new truck and one I saw is a'95 F-350 but it is listed as :1995 Ford F-350 Powerstroke crewcab 2x4 dually diesel with 5 speed and 228k miles. Runs rough, was told bad injector.
Is this a common problem with these years? Are they the same injectors as my 2003? Are they the older mechanical or have they switched to the computer controls? What's the average cost and are used one generally trustworthy to last?
Any info would help thank y'all very much.

·
4,090 Posts
The injector issues aren't uncommon based on that age and/or mileage.

They are not (from the factory) the same as your '03 - the '95 will have single shot (AA code) injectors and the '03 will have splits (AD codes) if everything is factory.

Good reputable diesel shops can provide with a single injector with a warranty. I would suggest you get the truck scanned (Injectors - Buzz Test & Cylinder Contribution test) for codes. If you're going to pull a single injector at this point, it's probably worth considering the entire set.

It could be something as simple as a harness or an o-ring that won't require you to replace the entire injector.

prt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts