The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I'm looking to buy a 00 7.3 regular cab with a stick, its got 118k miles, new water pump, alternator, ball joints, brake calipers, leveling kit, diablosport predator, all stock otherwise, hes had it 3 or 4 years, said he doesnt want a truck that big anymore, oil pans been replaced. In relatively nice shape, books for 12,500, he said he'll give me it for 7500. sound good? I want to go check it out first, but If I can get out from under my lariat I think i'm gonna get it.

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
must be they don't have problems with these trucks besides oil pans???

·
97 Posts
The trucks are pretty solid trucks. Rusty Oil pans is definitely a problem.

As for price - couldn't really tell you. Front suspensions components tend to be wear items.

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
4wd has wear issues with bearings and ball joints if its orig clutch may be short lived they tend to throw the dampner springs in the 130xxx mile range but for 7500 prob a real good deal unless its been thrashed should be good for 300xxx easy

·
116 Posts
the 99 and 00 have a poorly designed clutch fork. If it breaks, they sell the newer design. that 6 spd is huge to pull out.

·