The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I figure this is a good place to learn about duramax to purchase info.

I have a lead on a extremely clean 07 Silverado 2500HD classic body style crew cab 4x4 LT fully loaded duramax. truck has all options inside including sunroof. Driver seat doesn't show anywear to speak of at all. Truck has 193K on it. One owner salesman that bought it new. All highway miles no trailering. took to dealer for any maintenance which he told me has been alternator replacement with belt and tensioner as well, few of the glowplugs, all new rotors and pads and new tires. Only exterior item i noticed was a paint chip on lower rocker of passenger side.

Anyway, im trying to see if the price he told me is good for the year and miles. What would be market price for a truck like this? Its alot of miles and this is the first diesel purchase i have considered...so wanting to make sure how risky this would be.

Also, truck has the 6 speed allison trans. Another question... these trans.. issues? how long before rebuild typical and how $$ is it to have rebuilt?

What are items to be considered when looking at this many miles on a duramax truck?

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Sorry for the slow response really busy of late, What's he asking for it? An 07' LBZ should be in the upper twenties low thirties As long as the truck wasn't abused the Allison shouldn't have to be rebuilt for a long time. 193,000 isn't bad miles on a duramax, as long as the rest of the truck is in good shape.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far right now, i can get it bought for 15K. Not sure i can knock him down any further. He is selling due to getting a new company truck. the only kncok i noticed was a paint chip along passenger rocker panel..needs to have some paint work done there...otherwise... tip top truck. like new inside.

Truck is stock as stock can be. no mods at all. one owner. all records of maintenance.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
canadian black book value puts it around $23000

Kelley blue book values it at $18000 at a dealer

if you can get it for $15000, take it and run

DO A VIN CHECK FIRST!!

·
14 Posts
there is a vin check section here - but i think they only provide mfg information. You need to vin check with car fax or similar. I have a good relationship with my dealer (i purchase trucks for my work there) he ran a car fax for me. I am about to pay 19,500 for a LBZ crew LT3 with 133k miles.

·
272 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much for any truck with 194,000 on it.......unless its a BIG TRUCK.

I think someone is being dishonest with you about the truck, I have never heard of rotors going bad, if vehicle is serviced correctly.

MY.02
give me a vin iIl run it for you!!!

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought it Thursday night. I got every record of maintenance with it including even as simple as oil changes and such. the brakes were done due to previous owner thinking fronts were bad and went ahead and just did full brake job.

If there was anything being hidden, then ill surely find out soon. Truck is in tip top shape and previous owner is good friend to my neighbor. I don't' feel he would sell to me knowingly with issues.

Everything i checked against showed the truck to be worth the price.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
:nopics I want to see the new Rig :thumbsup

·
71 Posts
I bought my 07 15 months ago. 52k miles, allison, duramax, 2500HD, single cab, no carpet, vinyl seats, 4X4. I gave $24,000.00. NO REGRETS.

If you like the truck, thats all that matters. Enjoy your new ride.

·
dieselgeezer
18 Posts
Hello all. I figure this is a good place to learn about duramax to purchase info.

I have a lead on a extremely clean 07 Silverado 2500HD classic body style crew cab 4x4 LT fully loaded duramax. truck has all options inside including sunroof. Driver seat doesn't show anywear to speak of at all. Truck has 193K on it. One owner salesman that bought it new. All highway miles no trailering. took to dealer for any maintenance which he told me has been alternator replacement with belt and tensioner as well, few of the glowplugs, all new rotors and pads and new tires. Only exterior item i noticed was a paint chip on lower rocker of passenger side.

Anyway, im trying to see if the price he told me is good for the year and miles. What would be market price for a truck like this? Its alot of miles and this is the first diesel purchase i have considered...so wanting to make sure how risky this would be.

Also, truck has the 6 speed allison trans. Another question... these trans.. issues? how long before rebuild typical and how $$ is it to have rebuilt?

What are items to be considered when looking at this many miles on a duramax truck?
According to the General, the Dmax/Isuzu diesel engine's design parameters for life expectancy was in excess of 250K miles with normal maintenance. I have seen postings on other forums of these trucks going 600K with no major repairs. The key to a long trouble free life is maintenance. IMHO engine oil, transmission fluid and other filters and fluids are the life's blood of any machine. If you can verify the service record and the fact that the truck was not abused, you should be able to get good service from it.

I have an '07 LBZ Classic 3500 dually which I purchased new in 2007. I have done all my own maintenance and the truck has never needed to go in for any other repairs. I use it only to tow my RV. I have gone through a Lance 11.5' slide-in, a 29' Durango by KZ 5th-wheel and I now have a 39' Montana 5th-wheel. The only time I use the truck it is pulling or carrying a camper. I average 21 MPG's unloaded @ 60MPH. Towing I get 10-12 MPG'[email protected] 60.
I have only 35K on the clock and recently took it in to the dealer for a complete inspection in order to determine if I would qualify for an extended factory warranty. They happily sold me the GM Major Guard, bumper-to-bumper warranty for an additional 4 yrs. and 50K miles.
I hope to keep the truck for many yrs. to come.
The only issues that seem to repeat on LBZ's are head gaskets, but usually at high mileage. Good luck with your truck.:usflag

1 - 13 of 13 Posts