The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
milkin cowboy
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post niceto meet yall
OK i have a 02 ho and its used on my farm, i doheavy towing with it 15,000-20,000 lbs in new england, i also want something that will put them lil punks in there place from a stop light n leavein seein just burnin coal, and keep the truck in 1 pice,i know alot of that depends on how i drive also not spend mint and thats alot to ask of just few mods lol all thats done now is south bend heavy single clutch and dual 4'' open stacks, i was looking at the tst 3, edge juice, the new bully dog box with monitor,orany other suggestions im not goin ask whats best cause i know thats goin start a war but what are pros and cons an wht the hell should i stay away from? also i want to upgrade lift pump cause we all know what a POS the stock 1 is but dont want spend a mint and spendall weekend putin it in. thanks in advance yall
:93C_peelo :93C_peelo
keep on keepin on

·
Registered
99 Posts
Edge Juice w/ Attitude, and some injectors..

If you don't have gauges yet, the Juice w/ Attitude has the little digital display thing that serves as your gauges.

·
129 Posts
I would say edge juice and a jammer II or III nozzle.turn the juice down to tow (assuming stock turbo) and level 5 to run on the street.

upgrade to a 62/12 charger and 150hp sticks and be really quick and you could probably tow the statue of liberty

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
MILKINGCOWBOY said:
Hi, this is my first post niceto meet yall
OK i have a 02 ho and its used on my farm, i doheavy towing with it 15,000-20,000 lbs in new england, i also want something that will put them lil punks in there place from a stop light n leavein seein just burnin coal, and keep the truck in 1 pice,i know alot of that depends on how i drive also not spend mint and thats alot to ask of just few mods lol all thats done now is south bend heavy single clutch and dual 4'' open stacks, i was looking at the tst 3, edge juice, the new bully dog box with monitor,orany other suggestions im not goin ask whats best cause i know thats goin start a war but what are pros and cons an wht the hell should i stay away from? also i want to upgrade lift pump cause we all know what a POS the stock 1 is but dont want spend a mint and spendall weekend putin it in. thanks in advance yall
:93C_peelo :93C_peelo
keep on keepin on
So, let me get this right..

You pull relatively heavy, want all kinds of power, be 100% reliable, but don't want to spend a ton of money or time to do it....

I miss anything?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
If you dont wanna spend a lot of time and money for good power...your in the WRONG place!

Nathaniel

·
Registered
550 Posts
if you want somthing adjustable which it sounds like that is what you need,and you dont have gauges which you need those to then look into a bluechip fms box. it is an aggressive fueling box that is adjustable and has a built in monitor that will give you all of the information that you will ever need. this box also has a feature on it that will check the volts and fuel pressure to the vp-44 injector pump so that you know if your pump is healthy enough to start the truck and run down the road. it is a bit more expensive but it is deffinetlly better than an edge box. if you have gauges save some money and go with the bluechip apb it is cheaper than the fms and can be adjusted by a turn of a dial that you can mount anywhere. check out bluechip prducts.

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Moose 04 said:
if you want somthing adjustable which it sounds like that is what you need,and you dont have gauges which you need those to then look into a bluechip fms box. it is an aggressive fueling box that is adjustable and has a built in monitor that will give you all of the information that you will ever need. this box also has a feature on it that will check the volts and fuel pressure to the vp-44 injector pump so that you know if your pump is healthy enough to start the truck and run down the road. it is a bit more expensive but it is deffinetlly better than an edge box. if you have gauges save some money and go with the bluechip apb it is cheaper than the fms and can be adjusted by a turn of a dial that you can mount anywhere. check out bluechip prducts.
Um...a blue chip box will add the same amount of fuel as a Edge Juice w/attitude, it monitors less parameters then the juice, and it adds no timing, yet costs roughly $300 more. Why would your waste your money on one?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Cause the Bluechip works better w/ the VP44...and yes it does add timing, check out their website...you can actually set the box on "timing box" its on the middle button Right after Smoke Control and right before Race Option...

Nathaniel

·
milkin cowboy
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, for all the info guys, ya i know i was asking alot but never hurts to ask, as far as bein in the wrong place guess thats a matter of opinion, im a dairy farmer and work 15 to 20 hours a day 7 days a week so time is i dont have alot of and i use the truck 90% the time for work its not a toy so if its down its costing me lots money and time but i do want have some fun with it too when i can lol i got 10 other big diesels here to work on dont want to on the dodge anymore then have to lol as far as lift pumps options i know the fass is best but besides that?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
unless your LP is really bad and you dont want to do tooo much to it you could always slap on a Holley, and they're pretty cheap!

Nathaniel

·
milkin cowboy
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks nathaniel, what do ya have to do to the wires to make the holly work and fuel lines, do i still keep the stock lp inline or bypass it?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
yea you still have the stock LP but it looks something like this...

This is off a truck im going to look at, I dont have much experience w/ them but I've been told they're very nice, I just want a lot so Im going w/ the FASS. Plus my price on it is TOOOOOOO CRAZY to pass up!!!!!!!!!

Nathaniel

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
HCCUMMINSSMOKE said:
Cause the Bluechip works better w/ the VP44...and yes it does add timing, check out their website...you can actually set the box on "timing box" its on the middle button Right after Smoke Control and right before Race Option...

Nathaniel
Exactly how does the FMS work so much better then say, a TST or a Edge Comp? It doesn't, it simply has a digital readout so you can watch it do the same checks any other fueling box does.

A FMS does not add timing...it has no provisions to, as there is no data plug or pump connection, other then the fuel wire. Call Chip yourself and ask him.

Wait..are you basing your knowledge of the FMS off the little demo thing on
the website? Have you ever installed one, or driven a truck with one already on it?

I have been to his shop before he sold the business, I have installed several of the FMS boxes, I think I still have one from circa 2000 floating around somewhere.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Im just not as good as you ole MKoth! I wish I had all of you infinite wisdome, but I dont! I dont have the money for a FMS, but I have a very good friend w/ a FMS on his truck right now, junked the Juice w/ Attitude (hott version) and got the Bluechip. I dont go around driving everyone elses truck but I do ride in it...but when he plays w/ it and puts it on the Timing Setting, there must be some there hoss cat, or else it wouldnt say timing, that doesnt take common sense w/ a FMS, just COMMON SENSE!

Nathaniel

·
Registered
973 Posts
Directly from Bluechip Diese's website "amount more time than stock we are holding the fuel solenoid closed", this has nothing to do with timing advance hence the reason there is no Can Bus connection. This is the reason most people stack a timing module with the FMS and Redline Hoss Cat.

·
3,514 Posts
I may be way off base here, cause I haven't been able to play with a bluechip box. I was under the impression that if you stacked it with a timing, box, it allowed you a little control over the timing box, so that you could retard it a bit. However, with no data link or Canbus, that doesn't seem possible. That would be cool though.

As for the FASS thing earlier. The reason I prefer a FASS myself, is because its a nice tidy package that provides superior filtration to stock. Are there better pumps out there? Yes. Are there filtration systems that are just as good? Yes. Are there cheaper ways to achive the same or better pumping and filtration? Yes. However, without a lot of time consuming well thought out fabrication, your probably going to end up with a lot of ugly looking stuff mounted on your frame rails in a giant mess. Thats just my opinion though. They do cost a pretty penny, but I must say I love mine. As for taking all weekend to install, you've got other issues if you encounter that obstacle. The first time I installed one, it took about 3.5-4hrs. And now I can do it in a little under 2 hours if I don't B.S. any and just work.
Sean

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
HCCUMMINSSMOKE said:
You got me? My baseball coach usta call us all Hoss Cats in High School? and you have a cat in your avatar? LOL

Nathaniel
I have a Coke Cat.

I figure a Hoss Cat is a southern thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts