The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting an Excursion with more than likely a 6.0. I want to put in the Edge Platinum with the A2 monitor along with an MBRP 4".

Im looking for better mileage and better towing. I may on a rare moment decide to dust some punk in his rice machine. I have researched the forums and I realize SCT seems to be the most popular, and looks to be with the racers. I have also read the woe's of the old edge chips and killing transmissions.

For my appilcation am I going to be just fine with the Edge? I hope they really do have the transmission issues worked out on the platinum. I definately want a tuner that has multiple programs and the EP seems to do the trick and has the turbo timer. Most of all I love the features of the A2.

What say you

FiveseveN

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The SCT does make great power for racing, but our standard performance, tow and economy programs work well too.

The modules have a hard time shifting because they don't program the ECM or TCM. Even the programmers that just do the ECM shift better than a module. The newer electronic vehicles outdate the piggy back computers, especially in the higher power levels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts