The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Man. Trans 2wd Enthusiast
185 Posts
so the early 2011s didnt have the beefier crossmember and hitch, and you can come in and get that free, just as you did the tuning, correct?

·
Man. Trans 2wd Enthusiast
185 Posts
so will it be a running change, and a "pay if you want it" upgrade on the older ones?

·
147 Posts
so will it be a running change, and a "pay if you want it" upgrade on the older ones?
Yes, a running change, but I doubt you can pay and get the upgraded frame cross member. Probably not feasible. Not sure on the hitch though...it may depend on the upgraded frame.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
I GOT THE HITCH UPGRADE FREE WITH MINE AT THE SAME TIME !!!
Can you elaberate on this? I also heard that ford is working on a new flash for more power due out at the end of the month.

·
187 Posts
Can you elaberate on this? I also heard that ford is working on a new flash for more power due out at the end of the month.
I was told by an engineer that a tweak for the tranny at getting the power to the ground better would be a quicker shift between 2-3rd, and a 10% increase in shift firmness..I hope we are both right..lol

·
179 Posts
So this upgrade only applies to DRW trucks, correct?

·
Duramax/Allison
375 Posts
http://www.thefordstory.com/our-art...e-2011-ford-f-series-super-duty-can-tow-more/

Good to see that there really going at it. will be interesting when this all stops or if we will be able to pull reefers with a pickup. :peelout

Right..lol

Well, my prediction is that technology will march on, but weight will become an obstacle at some point... Already both Ford and GM are working on lighter weight chassis for their F150/1500 trucks, and I'm sure the government will find some way to outlaw or ban personal trucks above a certain GVWR.... Dodge is next up at bat and we'll see how much (if any) they up the ante..

Me personally, I might be inclined to pick up a surplus M1A1 :usflag ... it's got one of those great Allison transmissions and can pull a sequoia redwood out of the ground! and runs fine on biodiesel! :damnit

BTW... I have driven the M1A1 in RL.. back in my Army days, Gulf War I... that thing was a BLAST! :rock

·
179 Posts

·
187 Posts
i dont think so...it should apply to lwb srw also.
I agree..Im going to check on this as well, while checking on some earlier tranny flash for another member. Jeff

·
179 Posts
I agree..Im going to check on this as well, while checking on some earlier tranny flash for another member. Jeff
Cool, let us know.

·
187 Posts
Cool, let us know.
Im sorry didnt make it..went to the Biloxi Boat and RV show..will check in next week..need to get an oil change.. Jeff

·
102 Posts
I like how they failed to mention the 17500 towing capacity in the F350 SD requires a weight distributing hitch otherwise the towing capacity is just 8000#. The Silverado/Sierra 3500 is 17000 without a weight distributing hitch. You can't use surge brakes (boat trailer) with a WD hitch.

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
you sure about that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts