The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd had just shut off the truck, had ran the a/c for around 30 miles, got back in and turned the key on and no climate control fan, no power at all to the unit, hit the on/off switch, no power, clicked thu all the buttons, still no power to the unit, everything else working like they should (radio, cigar lighter, interior lights) except for the climate control unit, drove back to the campground, thinking it could be a fuse blown, opened up the fuse panel, pulled the fuse it wasn't blown, put it back, Flipped the key back on and the unit lit up and the fan started working again, drove back home about 300 miles and the a/c ran perfect. Any ideas why that happened, the fuse didn't have any corrosion on the blades, but I guess it could have had and I scrapped it off pulling it out, just wondering if anyone else has experenced this.
The truck is a 2006 F-350 SD, Lariet, F/X 4x4, 6.0 powerstroke automatic with 68,000 miles.

·
& amp; amp; amp; amp;
372 Posts
There is quite a few post on here about that issue before, seems that everyone simply shuts off the key and restarts it a few times and the problem clears. I actually pulled mine all apart for it once.

·
506 Posts
Mine does it a couple times a year. You can either flip the headlights on next time it goes blank and it will bring it back to life, or you can replace the control head. :goodvsevil

Reactions: Ohio Eddie

·
1,700 Posts
I have seen a couple issues with these, but make sure your lock cylinder isnt binding a little bit. If the key does not fully return to run from the start position it can cause this. A key cycle may seem to fix it but you could also nudge it back to the run position also.

·
1,606 Posts
My old 05 did this a couple times, I pulled the fuse when it happened. Fixed it for awhile. The only cure I've heard of is to have it replaced.

·
55 Posts
Mine does this 1 or 2 times a year, when it happens just cycle your headlight switch between auto and off a couple times, that should bring it back to life!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts