The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy an early '99 F250. I'm going to purchase a mbrp 5" exhaust w/ muffler delete, a AFE Stage 2 PG7 intake, throttle body spacer, Banks Big Head along w/ gauages. What else can you guys think of to do to this early '99 to make it as LOUD as possible!? I don't really want to touch the turbo at all.. Thanks in advance!!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
Wide open exhaust and intake with a six inch stack!!!!!

Others will chime in later and tell you to stay away from the banks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
get a big tip and point it down, it'll reverb and make a loud annoying drone, throtle body sapcer? where does that go? take out any turbo silencers like in front of the intake, it'll whistle like that, why are you gettin rid of the dodge?

P.S, stay away from the banks, look on the tuner sections for the good tunes, banks is popular but the underground is where it's at
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
By the way... The early 99 sings really well. turbo is set up different from the later models. Lucky you! and me, I have an early 99.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
tear the insulation off of the IC tubes
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
pontiacross said:
tear the insulation off of the IC tubes
How's that help anything?
not doubting, just asking.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
I have been told that the only reason that ford put the insulation on the tubes was to quiet down the intake noise, it has nothing to do with performance or keeping the engine bay cool, too many old people complaining about loud turbos:bang
There has been a tread or two about it in this forum

it may not make a big difference but you should hear a little more wistle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You aint a kidding, the guy im buying it from has it straight piped w/ cat in place and it is LOUD!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
504 Posts
Ok a couple of things.

First of all the early 99 doesn't have insulation on the intercooler pipes.

Second what the hell was that throttle body spacer? That will be the biggest waste of money you can spend on that truck.

Third stay away from Banks, and go with one of the tuners out there. Tony Wildman, Dp-Tuner, Elite Diesel or so on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got Diesel said:
Ok a couple of things.

First of all the early 99 doesn't have insulation on the intercooler pipes.

Second what the hell was that throttle body spacer? That will be the biggest waste of money you can spend on that truck.

Third stay away from Banks, and go with one of the tuners out there. Tony Wildman, Dp-Tuner, Elite Diesel or so on.
I said nothing about Banks except for a Big Head Wastegate and for only $80 the tb spacer is worth it just to say I got it...
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
504 Posts
Well buddy you will be the only person that I know of who has one so congrats.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
Got Diesel said:
Ok a couple of things.

First of all the early 99 doesn't have insulation on the intercooler pipes.

Well I am pretty sure that I have seen some on one of my pipes! Maybe the previous owner replaced one with another from a junkyard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
99StrokerDude said:
Well I am pretty sure that I have seen some on one of my pipes! Maybe the previous owner replaced one with another from a junkyard.
Maybe one of them cracked or something???
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,334 Posts
ok DIESELS DO NOT HAVE A THROTTLE BODY! find me one and ill buy you the throttle body spacer. thats a typo for sure! the early 99 turbo has a WW in it thus giving it the whistle that the late 99 and up lost. if you want loud striat pipe it and let er eat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
moose99ps said:
ok DIESELS DO NOT HAVE A THROTTLE BODY! find me one and ill buy you the throttle body spacer. thats a typo for sure! the early 99 turbo has a WW in it thus giving it the whistle that the late 99 and up lost. if you want loud striat pipe it and let er eat.
http://www.airaid.com/spacers.asp#ford
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top