The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my buddy's F250 w/ the DP tuner chip on it and when i got on it at a stop sign it pulled great then big pop noise... I can hear the turbo spooling but no real boost at all.. I am goin to check the intercooler boots tomorrow, so do you think that it is probably the boots that might have come loose or off??? hope no damage is done...

Thanks

·
4,024 Posts
Sounds like a boot to me.

·
459 Posts
U definitely blew an Intercooler boot. If you want to make sure they dont blow off again, double clamp them.

·
459 Posts
u may want to go to Bob Riley's site and buy his aftermarket boots, especially if you havent done the CCV mod. Your stock boots are probably coated in oil from the Closed Crankcase system on the Powerstrokes. If you dont change them out, i would take off all of your boots and clean them really good with Simple Green

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
I agree with what was said above but would like to add that when reinstalling you can spray the inside on the boots with hairspray to make them tacky and hold better. Good luck, Gene. :mafia

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep it blew off the driver's side pipe goin into the y-pipe. I will have to do the ccv mod in the near future on both of our trucks.. thanks agin

·
6,337 Posts
About a once a week thing for me... I removed the drivers side this weekend and welded a bead around it to help hold it on...

·
Registered
388 Posts
CSIPSD said:
About a once a week thing for me... I removed the drivers side this weekend and welded a bead around it to help hold it on...
LOL ...Me too! I can pop my off almost at will..about 22ish lbs.,I've got a new set of clamps coming from bd bd diesel hope that solves problem.

·
6,337 Posts
99powerstroke said:
I hit 26+ psi all the time and never had one blow off???

Two issues I have... a leak in the compresser side of the turbo... Oil leaking into the intake tube... and 36-38#'s boost... I have aftermarket boots and aftermarket T bolt clamps...:pointlaugh

·
6,337 Posts
I got mine from a store called Fastenal... Its kind of a construction supply place. They dont have the stupit little spring and are a bit wider

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found them at Napa, the ones without the Springs that is. Like $4 for 4".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts