The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a lb7 and the oil pressure seems low after it has been warmed up. when you start it up cold it goes to 65 pounds and seems fine. and slowly goes down as the truck warms up. just wonderin if anyone has had this problem. before. thanks. truck has 108000 miles on it.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
What are you seeing as 'low' oil pressure?

As the engine warms up the oil pressure should go down as the oil thins out when it warms.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Mine runs below half once its warmed up, runs above half when cold, never really thought anything of it

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it unless it's throwing a code or spewing oil

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the problem.

figured it out after further investigation found it to be overfull on oil. Turns out i have a cracked injector leaking fuel into oil causing oil to thin out when warm. the pressure was so low it would flash the low oil pressure on the dic. thanks for all the help. it greatly appreciated.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Good luck bud. Glad you found your problem.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
thats chitty, Im sorry we didnt help you pinpoint it, guess we should have suggested checking oil level, but it just seems normal to me to have lower pressure

Thats the one problem with the LB7, bad injectors and they hid them under the valve covers :bang

·
2,710 Posts
The D-Max run's low oil pressure ? . . . Normally ?

My 6.5 idled at in gear at 38psi and ran down the road at 58-62psi, which to me seemed low for diesel but about right for a Gasser :thumbsup

My gasser's idle hot at 45ish psi and run about 60ish psi driving hot :thumbsup

The 2 Gen-1 D-Max i test drove ran 50ish idling and 70ish driving . . . which is about what i am used to for a diesel

Mike

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
My truck (126K miles) will run 30-40psi HOT, 80-90psi COLD, and 60ish psi on the highway. Has since the day I bought it.

:happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
My gauge is in kpa, but it usually is exactly like roberts, and I run 5w40syn

·
2,710 Posts
I was right on par then :thumbsup

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts