The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has an 07 classic. The low oil pressure light comes on and you have to put the truck in neutral and rev it up so the oil pressure builds. Sometimes it does it when your on the highway running 65-75, then it does it when u slow down or get off the exit. Then it just goes on randomly when ur driving up the road and stop at a light. Its been to the dealer and they say nothings wrong. Any help would b appreciated.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i know this may sound like a dumb question, but have you checked the oil level lately??

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Im not a 15 year old kid here asking. It does it even rite after you change it just asking if anyone else had this problem.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Don't take offense to it. I had a 7.3L that owuld not start, I was told to check the oil (I thought it was fine) after checking everything else, turned out the oil was low. LOL

The pressure is low in the trucks, but I have never had the light come on.

What kind of oil/filter are you running?

Is the truck stock?

How many miles on it?

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have a 7.3 myself and have had the same problem your talking about. But I havent had anyone w/ this prob on the d-max. I have a couple friends w/ them and no prob.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
sending unit?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
the dash gauge itself?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
If you want us to help you, you need to give us some more info.
:whs

I'm curious as to the filter being used.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
your canooter valve isnt opening all the way...:bang

·
dieselgeezer
18 Posts
The LBZ runs low oil pressure at idle normally. 30psi or less. Unless the engine has really high mileage or has been poorly maintained or abused, I would have a mechanic verify the gauge reading to rule out a faulty sending unit or dash gauge.

·