The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive me if this has been discussed before i couldnt find any thing on it but the new low sulfur fuel seems to have taken over gas stations near me what should a guy do ? is there an additive i could dump in with it so it wont ruin injectors i dont know a ton about diesels just got my first one but i try to read as much as i can to learn up let me know guys thanx

·
3,514 Posts
Bio-Diesel makes a great additive as well.
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
sstockton said:
Bio-Diesel makes a great additive as well.
Sean
Like I keep telling everyone on the internet... I would love to use BIO Diesel but what if it not locally available in my part of the woods in Idaho???

The local shops and stores only carry PS and MMO which both have failed the HFRR testing... So that leaves me what as a fuel lubricant???

Not everyone lives in a Big City and got BioDiesel and access to popular name brand additives that passed the HFRR testing specs...:poke:

Just venting... It gets rather upseting at times!

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
cajuncummins said:
Mike!!! you CAN make it!!! it's not that hard!!
That's great... But I live in a town of 300 people there isn't a whole lot of deep fryers here in the tiny town of Riggins, ID... I might be able to havest 1 gallon of WVO a week...LOL

So make it from what then??? :shrug:

Once again living in the small towns you don't have access to large amounts of anything... :damnit

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Mopar1973Man said:
That's great... But I live in a town of 300 people there isn't a whole lot of deep fryers here in the tiny town of Riggins, ID... I might be able to havest 1 gallon of WVO a week...LOL

So make it from what then??? :shrug:

Once again living in the small towns you don't have access to large amounts of anything... :damnit
Could you make it from Tree sap? Or am I thinking Ethanol that needs the sugars?

You live in a town of 300, I live between a town of 160 and a town of 25. We (the 160 town) have 1 post office, one general store, 2 gas stations (one is a cardlock) and 2 grain elevators. The town of 25 is a post office and 2 grain elevators.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
cummins_power said:
Could you make it from Tree sap? Or am I thinking Ethanol that needs the sugars?

Yeap... I think you need corn, sugar, and yeast to make ethanol... There is a book is New Meadows, ID library on how to do it...

You live in a town of 300, I live between a town of 160 and a town of 25. We (the 160 town) have 1 post office, one general store, 2 gas stations (one is a cardlock) and 2 grain elevators. The town of 25 is a post office and 2 grain elevators.

Pollock, ID is about 5 miles from me... It just a Post Office as well...
So once again I'll stick to 2 cycle oil for my fuel lubricant...:poke:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
oh, sorry, didnt' really think about it, and to make ethyl esthers you would need 99.999 something percent pure ethanol, and as much as we try we cannot make anything that pure, and methanol is just too difficult to make

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
cajuncummins said:
oh, sorry, didnt' really think about it, and to make ethyl esthers you would need 99.999 something percent pure ethanol, and as much as we try we cannot make anything that pure, and methanol is just too difficult to make
Good try Cajun... LOL

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
haha, yeah, I'll keep promoting it man, it's too good of an alternative, oh, and unless you know exactly what you're doin, moonshine tastes just oh so bad

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
here in alaska they have a general purpose 2 cycle and a snow machine 2 cycle. the snow machine one says it helps cold starts. any info would be cool, thanx.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
AK Mud King said:
here in alaska they have a general purpose 2 cycle and a snow machine 2 cycle. the snow machine one says it helps cold starts. any info would be cool, thanx.
Most likely a lower flash point for it...

You might have to get MSDS sheet or specs sheet to see what exactly the changes are and how they effect the fuel..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts