The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of these injectors are more street friendly for a daily driver? I def. wanna get one of them i just don't know which one. I want something for a daily driver and an occasional tow here and there. I will be ugrading my turbo when i do this, and the tranny will be done before they get put in. I will also have a smarty with them. How bout EGT's does one run hotter than the other or are they pretty much the same cause they are a cleaner running injector?

·
3,514 Posts
They are both a decent injector, the 3 will probably run a bit cooler than the 4 and be a bit less smoky on the street. It also depends on what turbo you are running them with as well.
Sean

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sstockton said:
They are both a decent injector, the 3 will probably run a bit cooler than the 4 and be a bit less smoky on the street. It also depends on what turbo you are running them with as well.
Sean

Well i do know the charger I want has a 66mm compressor wheel. I only ask about those injectors cause I want to be able to get up to 450 or 475 HP and control my egt's with the chip and not worry about the injector being to big. I wouldn't mind a little smoke, would rather have the smarty for that and not a dirty running injector. Whats your thoughts on that. Does anyone run these injectors and have an honest opnion about them and how they run.

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sstockton said:
Sean

Alright I found out the complete specs of the stage 2 turbo I want from Turbonetics. The compressor wheel is 66mm, The turbine wheel is 68mm or 69mm (can't remember), the turbine housing the kit comes with is .81 a/r. There are other turbine housing sizes including a .68 a/r and .51 a/r. I talked to blackwidow diesel and they said for a daily driver with 100HP injectors, and towing once in a while they said I should go with the .68 a/r turbine housing. Would like all of your opnions/thoughts.

Aside from that, there is one thing that I haven't figured out yet. For all you guys that are very good with math, I need some help. As we know the cummins turbo housings we know by CM. and the other way like the garrett turbos we know A/R. The question is what does a .81 A/R housing compare to in CM, or a .68 A/R compare to in CM. How do you figure something like that out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts