The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently installed a muffler delete pipe, and now there no smoke, i used to cruise for about 100-200 miles and punch it, it would smoke REALLY bad for about 1/8 mile, now... nothing. Im looking for the least expencive way to MAKE SMOKE!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it dropped my boost and the sound is great, im guessing the egt's went down also. Just idleing the turbo whisles good.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
just what it ses, replaces the muffler with a piece of straight pipe, my guess would be is your muffler was building up with some soot, then when you hit it is was blowing it out. Smoke is cool but i hate slow trucks that smoke, just my openion, if i was you i would install a pyro and a tuner and you can make it smoke more and gain power to
robert
p.s we can give you a good price on a sct and a pyro guage, and we can make it SMOKE

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no the cat is still there, atleast until its not working, it will stay there. you got to remember my truck weighs 13500 all day and with the trailer 25,000lbs. its really loud from 2500-3000rpm, i couldnt imagine it being louder. thanks

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
for smoke you going to need a tuner, and with your weight guages to
or you could put a t-shirt over your airfilter lol lol
robert

·
502 Posts
what does putting a t shirt over the air filter do mes up the mixture with air and fuel and cause to burn more fuel than air and smoke more just wondering?

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
sean said:
what does putting a t shirt over the air filter do mes up the mixture with air and fuel and cause to burn more fuel than air and smoke more just wondering?
Limits the air to fuel ratio. By the way Robert was just having fun with ya, you don't want to do it.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yes please don't do that lol lol, not a good idea
if you want smoke, get a sct
robert

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Let me get this right....

You want SMOKE? You want to inject fuel, and get NO POWER from it?

The cheapest way to do that is to put the muffler back on. You get more smoke with no increase in power.

Call me an ***, but you've got a LOT more money than I do if you can afford to waste fuel like that.

Reactions: Jasong

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is the sct compare to the banks?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Johns right .....no since in smoke if there is no power...it's a great way to know you are at your turbo's limitations and not leaving anything on the table but it's not economical....The nice thing about the SCT is it is customized and you can have your maximum fuel at wot or heavy throttle ...and normal at regular throttle position...like having your cake and eating it too....The SCT will also program your transmission to handle the extra power safer...and with your loads more fuel, smoke and power is a not advisable without gauges...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yes with how heavy your pulling you will need guages, the SCT makes much more power (and smoke if you want) than banks
it is also much better for your trans
robert

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i really only want smoke to blow on to jackass's on the freeway that dont let you pass or speed up so you cant changs lanes. whats the sct cost or is there a big range?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Elite Diesel has a sale on SCT tuners right now, you can get their Xcal 1 for 300 right now if i remember their sight right, id give them a call.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
alldiesels said:
Elite Diesel has a sale on SCT tuners right now, you can get their Xcal 1 for 300 right now if i remember their sight right, id give them a call.
Ooops sorry robbie, i forgot to log out before i posted that, thats my post...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
we have xcal 1's on sale for 300 and our xcal 2's are 480
robert

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
we have xcal 1's on sale for 300 and our xcal 2's are 480
robert

1 - 19 of 19 Posts