The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the most important part of the cleaning process is the chemical you use to clean the tires I use Spray 9 or simple green. Make sure and use it straight do not dilute it and only spray it on the tires not the rims. Before I use the brush I let it sit for a minute. You should almost be able to see the white running off the tire. Use a good stiff bristle brush. Scrub and rinse with water. I don’t like to let it sit to long so it does not dry out the rubber. After all is done and the tires are dry use a good quality tire spray to bring the luster back to the tire.
I have the molded mud flaps on my truck and I also do this on the mud flaps it get the ford logo gleaming again, I also spray the mud flaps with the tire cleaner

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
I use Westley's White tire cleaner and a brass bristled brush to clean mine, then the tire dressing. Seems to work well for me.

LargeCar:Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
4,318 Posts
Dow Scrubbing bubbles... Use it on a wet tire,, and it will melt all the road grime off. You wont need tire dressing after.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
ISurvivedNMU said:
Dow Scrubbing bubbles...
They don't make your truck spin out down the drain do they?LOL

LargeCar:woot: :roflmao: :woot:

·
284 Posts
im a detailer and all i do it spray degreaser let is sit for like 10 seconds and then pressure wash it off with the tip pretty close to the tires...so scrubing needed and takes about 13seconds.

S

·
0 Posts
LargeCar said:
They don't make your truck spin out down the drain do they?LOL

LargeCar:woot: :roflmao: :woot:

they work hard so you don't have too.....LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Let Me See Yo Grille
1,107 Posts
Ive always used Greased Lightning (it puts simple green to shame). Spray some greased lightning on there, let it sit for about 30 seconds or so, then take an SOS pad with some soap and water on it and scrub em. It will hurt your eyes its so white! Guaranteed to amaze ya! :sly: LOL

·
2,821 Posts
cdooguy said:
I think the most important part of the cleaning process is the chemical you use to clean the tires I use Spray 9 or simple green.
Thanks for the Good Word! I work for Spray Nine Corporation, makers of Spray Nine. I have used it for years, even before working for the company. Just use caution around the wheels. It is strong stuff and I don't want to see anyone harm anything. When done scrubbing just rinse thoroughly. If anyone ever has any questions about Spray Nine or other Spray Nine products give me a shout. Chris

·
206 Posts
Heres a second vote for bleech white, and the pressure washer tip. Let the bleech white sit for a minute or too, then powerwash away. Letters come out white as ever.
Justin

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
I always used a good old "Brillo Pad" w/soap. More work than the other methods listed however.

·
Registered
228 Posts
03six0 said:
Heres a second vote for bleech white, and the pressure washer tip. Let the bleech white sit for a minute or too, then powerwash away. Letters come out white as ever.
Justin
I seconds that bleech white works really good

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive always used the bleech white and a brass bristle brush then hit it with the pressure washer. Doesnt matter how nasty the tire is or how long it has been that way always turns out good and white

·
150 Posts
LargeCar said:
I use Westley's White tire cleaner and a brass bristled brush to clean mine, then the tire dressing. Seems to work well for me.

LargeCar:Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:
Yep...... Westley's Bleach White is the best that I have seen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts