The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just tryed to take my driver side manifold off tonight all the bolts were super rusted so i had to cut the studs behind the manifold. now i got the manifold off and cant seem to turn out the studs very rusted, now i got 8 studs in the head i cant get out dose anyone have any ideas i might just change motors not sure what to do :shrug: :bow: :thanks:

·
2,509 Posts
That is not fun. did you try and heat them? can you still get vicegrips on them to try and turn them. some times I have been able to weld a nut to what is left to the stud, then use that to spin them out. You may have to pull the head and drill them out if you cant do it in the truck.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
spray pb blaster on them and let em soak over night the spray again then tap them eith a hammer and see if they come out , they do sell a stub remover at the auto parts store

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there still is studs there but all of them are very rusted, and i dont want to heat them and crack the head i have a feeling i have to drill them and tap them or change to my other motor im building thanks :shrug:

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you try to heat them just be carefull. Metal does not have to be cherry red inorder to break free. Just be careful. I have used a little bit bigger nut that will slid on and then weld it like Pontiacross said.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are coated in pb can you believe this motor has only 65000 on it original miles im 2nd owner dammm manifolds :bow: :thanks:

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is what this North country will do to theses trucks.

Ivan has a stud remover and that works slick **** I was impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts