The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 2500 HD with the 5-speed manual Trans. I was wondering how quickly I can shift it and what kinds of power can it hold up to. I am going to test drive it Wednesday and I am trying to get an idea of what I am getting into.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
you're lucky, they're apparently rare (look for my other post) you'll prbly be able to put power into it with just a clutch, about half the price of a built tranny, just one of the pluses with a man tran, test drive it, if you like it get it quick cause it might be gone quick, but manual, that;s the way to go

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
They're six speed btw.

·
3,754 Posts
iitll shift fairly quick, power itll hold dpeends on if yoru drag racing doing burn outs or just towing, using the power to keep the loads rolling

·
1,705 Posts
It'll hold as much power as you can throw at it. No one has wrecked one yet,I'm close to either rebuilding mine or getting a new one as mine jumps out of gear and grinds sometime under hard shifts. It does have 160K hard miles on it.
A guy I know that did some tuning for me just ran 12.55 @ 108mph with his 05' D-Max/6spd on fuel only :Thumbup: .

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
god i wish i could find one with a zf-6.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love the way mine shifts... The ratios are nice, some people say it's too much shifting, but I like a little closer ratio for towing so I don't have to wrap the crap out of it before I shift...

Plus it's cool because nobody really looks twice until they hear you shift.... then they look again and you know exactly what they're thinkin......:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I drove the truck yesterday and I really like. It turns out that the original owner didn't like the Allison automatic and had it swap out for a six speed manual. It's a 2002 and has 100,000 miles on it and an after market intake and exhaust. I really liked the truck everything seem mechanically sound on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.