The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a question . the other day my 2002 dodge turned the check engine light on and would'nt boost over 10 psi. i checked the codes and it gave me p0237 and p0112 which is map sensor A ciruct low imput and IAT low circut imput i have changed the map and the IAT and still no response from the truck it seems to not be fueling. It dos'nt produce any white smoke or any smoke at all for that matter except on initial startup i get a small puff?? i have erased the DTC codes and the truck imediatley turns the light back on producing the same codes. I the pulled my edge comp off and hooked the map sensor back stock and still the same problem? so i guess that eliminates the box as a problem?? what do you guys think??

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You replaced the sensors, took off your comp box and your still pulling BOTH codes? You should have a wiring problem. They share the ground so that's where I would start is tracing the ground wires. They don't share the same kind of power. The MAP sensor uses a 5v supply. The IAT uses the voltage that can actually travel threw the sensor.

EDIT: You can test those sensors. You shouldn't just replace sensors because they pull a code.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have replaced both the map and the IAT and i still pull both codes and the comp is off the truck completley. the truck cranks and idles fine i just don't have any power at all driving.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you ever heard of this as being a common problem?? and just a question?? i had a guy that i thought might know what he was talking about tell me that it could be the pump driver on top of the vp ?? but would'nt i be getting hard starts and white smoke??

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
No it's not a common problem. It might be something with your PCM like Sean said in another thread ya made. If that doesn't help you have ground issue some where. The supply to these sensors can pretty much be ruled out considering they are different.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Double check the pins and connectors to be sure they are not damaged...

Like Philly siad double check your grounds... Most all grounds come to a common point under the hood and get dirty and rusty sometimes... Even worse yet maybe eaten by a rat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts