Puller Meeting 6:30
Pull begins at 7pm (gassers go first)

$20 hook fee
8000lbs Diesel

Payout is determinate on total sponsorship $$$s and 20% of the hook fees
1st 60% of sponsorships plus 12% hook fees
2nd 28% of sponsorships and 5% hook fees
3rd 12% of sponsorships and 3% hook fees

Currently first will pay over $400 and going higher. I will update as we get the final numbers.

Rules will be up soon. (If you can make DHRA Street, you can pull easy)

·
Registered
34 Posts
what about smoke?

·
nothing but diesel
97 Posts
I will be there. maybe I can keep my pickup together this time.

·
1,705 Posts
Sucks that there's an 8000lbs weight limit.

·
1,705 Posts
97crewcab said:
Your chevy can't make 8k?
Go to www.midwestdieselpulling.com for the up to date info on this pull and other up coming pulls in the middle of the midwest.

Tell me what you think of the website.
Weighed 8450lbs with a bare SBC 350 on the back and it sure don't weigh
450lbs.

I'll check it out :Thumbup: .

·
1,705 Posts
Nice site? That yours? I'll have to keep watching it and see if any are nearer to me.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I personally like the 8000lb weight limit. It lets the guy who just drives in off the street be more competitive, whereas with the 8500 limit, you are at a big disadvantage to the guys in your class who are set up to hang weights.

Surely you can strip it down to make 8K can't you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
01duramax6spd said:
Weighed 8450lbs with a bare SBC 350 on the back and it sure don't weigh
450lbs.

I'll check it out :Thumbup: .

Looks like you should have gotten an aluminum flatbed?

mine weighs around 6800 or 6900 with me in it (Ext cab SB)

later, TW

·
Registered
21 Posts
dieseldummy said:
So it's just one class then with no chance against big singles and twins if I read the rules right...
I'll be sportin my factory IHI..... it's all about havin fun anyway

I think that this being kinda the first pull that these guys put together, maybe their just tryin to get a feel, and maybe talk to some people and see where the interest is at.... Maybe it's possible to see the classes a little more broken down at some of the next pulls they organize... Hard to say for sure, just what I think might be the case

later, TW

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hey guys the site looks good. I don't know that I will get out there but will try. Can you buy pit passes or would I have to sit in the stands?

BTW guys... 97CC knows a bit about pulling. I think he will do alright. To my knowledge he is trying to leave it open to help get the numbers before he worries about breaking it into classes. Best of luck to you guys on your new endevor.

Chris

·
1,705 Posts
6shifted said:
Looks like you should have gotten an aluminum flatbed?

mine weighs around 6800 or 6900 with me in it (Ext cab SB)

later, TW
Maybe,but it was already on when I bought it :Thumbup: . My concern is what a Crew Cab dually with a flatbed may weigh :shrug: ,cause I'm thinking about getting one of them too .

·
nothing but diesel
97 Posts
I have to through everything out of my pickup to get under 8000lbs and it is just a reg cab duramax. Fuel tank in the back and a bumper in the front.

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am trying to keep things open like CBSuperduty said. After a discussion with some other pullers we decided to make the class a somewhat open class.
I was a little sceptical about allowing twins trucks but I don't think there will be many for one and the new singles that are out there are making really good power. (TW pulls pretty hard with his factory turbo)
The idea was to get one set of rules and run with it so guys didn't have to change every week for the next pull. The rules started with DHRA and a few other pulling classes across the country and were tweaked from there. We wanted our area pullers to be able to go and pull at events across the country and allow others to come in and pull with us.
Looking at MOST trucks the 8000lbs works. Obviously when you start adding to a truck the weight goes up. If we see an issue with the weight we will evaluate it as need be. What are some of you guys wanting for a weight? 8200? I know a quad cab long box 3rd gen dodge can hang weight up front and still make 8K? I think Robert tipped the scales at about 8300 with some weight out front last year with his Ford crew cab long box? Ideas?
If we get enough interest we can look at other classes but for right now we want to keep it simple and try to get a following here in this area.
Thanks for all of the discussion. I am always open to suggestions and/or improvements.

Payouts will be
1st $425 + 13% of hook fees
2nd $200 + 7% of hook fees
3rd $100

1 - 20 of 47 Posts