The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there im new to the diesel world i have a 2006 6.0l ford f250 ,my son got me an [email protected] cold air intake for my birthday so well installed it,then 3 weeks later my engine light comes on so i take it to the dealer and they said it was the mass air flow sensor,they said it had oil on it,my question is is that normal and will it keep happening if i keep the [email protected] intake on thanks for all the help,also whats a good code reader for that truck .i cant stand takeing it to the dealer to have it worked on thanks

·
1,661 Posts
hi there im new to the diesel world i have a 2006 6.0l ford f250 ,my son got me an [email protected] cold air intake for my birthday so well installed it,then 3 weeks later my engine light comes on so i take it to the dealer and they said it was the mass air flow sensor,they said it had oil on it,my question is is that normal and will it keep happening if i keep the [email protected] intake on thanks for all the help,also whats a good code reader for that truck .i cant stand takeing it to the dealer to have it worked on thanks
I'm not sure about the S&B, But the K&N if over oiled can damage the MAF sensor. I learned the hard way with my wife's car.

As far as code readers, most like to use Autoenginuity software for a laptop or PDA. a.k.a AE

·
423 Posts
The MAF Sensor is so easy to clean, it's not worth worrying about. I have a K&N air box and filter. I clean and re-oil the filter, wait 2 tanks of fuel, then clean the MAF Sensor. The Truck will run a little rough until the MAF sensor is cleaned, but, other than that, this procedure works great. After the MAF is cleaned the truck runs great again.
Just pick up some MAF Sensor cleaner from your local parts house, then go home and pull out the sensor, and spray it off with the cleaner. What's so hard about that. It takes all of 5 minutes to do it. You should be servicing your own MAF Sensors for all of your automobiles. The are used on every car these days, as far as I can tell.

·
345 Posts
I'm going throught the same thing right now with an AFE dry filter. delaer made me remove it and put it back to stock and they replaced the MAF sensor and the P0401 still came on. they also replaced the EGR valve and still get the same code. another member (Harry6.0) suggested cleaning the turbo because the vanes may be sticking. I'm taking it back to the dealer monday and I think this is what they are doing next.... I cleaned the Intake Air Sensor #2 and Ford cleaned the EBP sensor so there is not much left....must be a coaked up EGR system for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts