The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me rephrase, it likes to spin them but sounds like the rear end is going to explode when it shifts... Shifts very hard!

210 spartan tuned and leaving the car was is not an easy task without getting the tires loose but if you stay in it for the fun factor you get a loud boom and the tires hook back up? Is this right??:wtf

Not to mention the occasional one wheel wonder smoke show, can't I get both tires going on this thing?

I am generally pretty easy going on my truck and it is an everyday driver but sometimes you gotta have a little fun!

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
The one wheel wonder is a problem with these trucks. The 210 tune has nothing to do with the hard shift....that has to do with the amount of stress your putting on your rear end when you doing the burnout. Anytime your tranny shifts with that much stress on the rear end, its going to feel horrible. I let my tranny shift through 3 gears doing a sitting still burnout out one time with the 310 tune and it felt like my rear end was jumping off the ground at every shift. Traction bars will probably help with that.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info!

I am really not that in to burn outs, just wondering if my truck was doing something strange?

All in all I love the truck and the tune, I wish it would hook that next gear and keep spinning sometimes though:peelout

·
194 Posts
I did a boosted 2wd launch one time with a buddy of mine. It went through 3rd gear spinning the tires stooping the wheels everytime it shifted and then would start spinning the tires again. No bangs pops or anything. Smoked both 38s for a loooong ways. It stopped spinning going into fourth, chirpped, took off, down shifted and we were gone from there on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts