The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 4" turbo back exhaust with stock cat from mbrp. Took me 3.5 hrs solo with a few minor scratches. Just want to say the whistle sounds great :Thumbup: with the 03 turbo. Now it time to choose programmer.

·
422 Posts
Now get the cat delete pipe and get rid of the kitty!!!!

·
always looking for more
419 Posts
jennamax said:
Now get the cat delete pipe and get rid of the kitty!!!!
Yeah, if you think it whistles good now, dump the cat and then have a listen! My MBRP system was the first mod I did to my truck too... Its all downhill for you now bro. It never ends! Good luck with your programmer search, I've only got 3 little letters for you... S C T !!!

·
1,240 Posts
shu873 said:
Yeah, if you think it whistles good now, dump the cat and then have a listen! My MBRP system was the first mod I did to my truck too... Its all downhill for you now bro. It never ends! Good luck with your programmer search, I've only got 3 little letters for you... S C T !!!
:iagree , straight pipe even makes the 05 turbos sound good, what year truck do you have?

·
always looking for more
419 Posts
I had my motor studded/gaskets replaced proactively. I never blew them first, but its true people have with or without programming. I know a guy with an '05 runs innovative's Xtreme files daily with water/meth and/or a 50 shot of NOS with stock bolts and no problems after 65000 miles... Another friend with an '04 completely stock puked them after about 40000 miles recently. Some go some blow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lose the cat. Youll run a little lower EGT, and it will sound even better!

Jason

·
15 Posts
moosehunter said:
I installed a 4" turbo back exhaust with stock cat from mbrp. Took me 3.5 hrs solo with a few minor scratches. Just want to say the whistle sounds great :Thumbup: with the 03 turbo. Now it time to choose programmer.
If your looking im selling my bullydog with the outlook

1 - 9 of 9 Posts