The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have mbrp or magnaflow dpf back exhaust on their truck? I am thinking of getting one or the other but would like to hear from someone who has it. Post a vid if you have any. If anyone has suggestions on other brands I would like to hear from them too.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
I good friend of mine has it on his 08 mc and it was a complete waste of money. no sound difference nor power gain.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
It will be cheaper to just get a tip welded on. Same result and will cost ya about 80 bucks. But he's right, it's cheaper that gettin full exhaust.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to do full exhaust ,but not at the moment, truck only has 800 miles on it. I want to see if there is going to by any warranty issues before I void it. What is all in these exhaust systems, as I understand from the engine back there is: 1. A cat of some type in the down pipe 2. the dpf 3. Another cat 4. muffler. Is this correct ?:shrug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, there's, what, about $2,000 worth of platinum in the exhaust system of these things?!!:pissed:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 5" catback from mbrp. with my cat missing and I love it. Great deep sounds with faster turbo spool, without losing my lowend torque.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
smokedrail said:
I have the 5" catback from mbrp. with my cat missing and I love it. Great deep sounds with faster turbo spool, without losing my lowend torque.
got any pics or videos.. and blow any smoke??

·
Registered
38 Posts
sorry no videos I can take some pics, and yes she will blow smoke, but that isn't cuz of the exhaust

·
Registered
38 Posts
bad weather here today I will have to get pics later.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
smokedrail said:
Do you still have the dpf intact? What does the cat back kit remove from the exhaust, (ie. the muffler and a cat)? I would like to see some pics also. Thanks:woot:

·
Registered
38 Posts
sorry for the confussion guys I have the 5.9 I was just giving my 2 cents on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts