The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you help me make this 3046C come to life?
I have a troubled 3046C mechanical that has no id tag on top of valve cover.
but a block stamp of 7XC06459
I pulled nozzles #OR3587 out of all 6 holes and then i scoped pistons to id them as IDP 1010016
which shows a 16.4:1 comp.
the injection pump has a 7e5888 casting
and a stamped 6I3060 NUDA on the top plate.
we currently have the S430SX turbo
Timing pinned at the flywheel and the inj. pump at the same time as far as dropping a bolt in the holes

No what I do know is it was a dog when trying to pull. the young farmer pulls gravel trains and it wasn;t anything to write home about as far as performance goes. low egts, and low coolant temps as well as some haze out of stacks. I didn;t get a fuel pressure reading, which I regret now.
I pulled inj. pump and want to send it out to shop to be checked. and have the nozzles tested.
Is there a good combination that you know of that will bring this old girl to life?
I feel bad for this young kid as far as he bought this truck from another farmer, and I think the problem child has just been passed around to who ever will take it.
I sure appreciate anything you can help me with this and if you need any more information, I'll do my best to provide it
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I sent injection pump to a reputable rebuild shop, I've never attempted to rebuild an injection pump due to the fact of the tight tolerances they must be held to, and to the untrained eye i'm afraid I might overlook something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone thoughts on a different power package we can try on this?
Anyone? Is this post even being seen? Am i living in a black hole? Hahahaha

·
200 Posts
sounds like a fuel problem, fuel line restriction , check lift pump pressure , check the mod section there are a lot of write ups on turning up 3406 a b c up, over 450 hp is pretty much the norm for that motor, you have to check the arr. #, to see what pistons are in the motor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a fuel problem, fuel line restriction , check lift pump pressure , check the mod section there are a lot of write ups on turning up 3406 a b c up, over 450 hp is pretty much the norm for that motor, you have to check the arr. #, to see what pistons are in the motor
I got it handled. Thanks for the reply though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts