The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my tranny replaced and the rear driveshaft rebuilt and extended 1" about 150 miles whent by and the bearing sliped out the backside of the housing the shop replaced the driveshaft with another one they just had rebuilt 611 miles and the samething happend it is slipping out of the transfer case any ideas on the problem I do have a 6" lift and it has been on the truck for over 20,000 miles with no problems and it is shimed the driveshaft is almost stright. the shop, when told of the second failure replied they would check on a stright shaft for me ( that is a long 1 piece shaft) but it has been 12 days with no word. they are well known and I do not whant to say anything bad about them at this time but i need my truck back on the road
thank for any input

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
What happened to the trans?? :( (how many miles?)

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck was ok with a smarty on it but after a fass 150 and some head work ans some more deleats and the stocker could not handle it every time I try to dyno it 3 times they are broke it may have 550hp and 1300tq 5th and 6th were gone and 4th was starting to slip

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Dang! Sounds like you got some use out of it!!:eek: How much did that set you back??:confused:

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
total with a dif cover and service/ trany/ TCM reprogram/ converter/ flexplate and a rebuilt driveshaft/ $8100 :bang :bang :bang :bang

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Holy c-r-a-p!:kick

·
1,415 Posts
did your check the center bolts for the leafs? i have seen one break before then the diff can talk back and forth alittle bit witch could be why its pulling out.

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I have not checked that but everything was fine before the driveshaft was reworked
there are two slip joints and it has had two different driveshafts in it

·
22 Posts
i don't see traction bars in your sig, so you could be getting axle wrap and it's causing it to pull out .

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could do WOT in 2wd and 4wd bosted never had a problem before 87k miles I never went past 50% and was all hwy miles 80-85 when it whent out
but yes you are corect I NEED bars and I have no paint on my fenders from tire rub do to the axel moving

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still have no driveshaft or new bearing from the tranmition shop even though they have a 1 year warenty on the driveshaft they did for me been a month now I recived a voicemail from the owner and called him back an left a message so he had his install manager call me that was on the 24th sent a nasty gram to him on the 2nd on the 3rd he said he had a shaft ready to go with my missing tranny pan still not here was taking my truck to a paraid in Branson,Mo. for vets day but gues that is shot

The shocker is who the tranny shop is they are one of the big 3 aftermarket builders

1 - 12 of 12 Posts