The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
182 Posts
Looks like I found my next mod, lol.

·
Cummins Tower
83 Posts
i'm gettin one shipped to me alond with my new tranny:)

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts

·
182 Posts
How much would it cost to have a shop do this mod?
I would estimate about 3 hours of labor for the job, 1 hour to pull it, 1 hour to put the fix in, and 1 hour to put it back in. And that still leaves time to smoke and joke in the mix.

Reactions: merlin5577

·
265 Posts
the above estimate is about right, if things come off ok, the way these things hold salt on top of them tho can mean a mess. took my shop about 3 hrs to get my transfer case off, penetrating lube, time and patience are the only things that kept bolts from snappin.

·
38 Posts
Just got done doing mine, and went rather smoothly, while I was in there I went ahead and replaced all the bearings and seals so I won't have to ever touch it again (hopefully). The previous owner has had it replaced with OEM so this is the second time it has been worked on. Just follow the instructions MA give u, along with the reviews on their site and it will go fine. Find a pair of lock ring pliers that open up at least 2.5 inches. Thanks MA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
These are a part of our Huge Thanksgiving Sale from 10/23/10 till 10/29/10
And the above posts are right with the 3 hours of labor for an install. Below is a link to the site to pick up yours! Keep in mind this issue is present in all 1500, tahoe,& suburbans from '98-'07 So be a good friend and tell others you know with those trucks.
http://www.merchant-automotive.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts