The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went 392HP/796TQ using Juice/Att level 5 fuel 2 and whatever mystery tune is in the ECM. Dave figured its a 60HP towtune, probably Quad, since the truck is originally from Texas.

·
142 Posts
So Bac, you bought the truck with a tune loaded into it without ever knowing?

Sounds like a bonus.

Good #'s, congrats. Did you race it?

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...Tony hooked his EFI computer up to it and found the same thing I did when I tried to load my BullyDog tuner last year....the ECM was locked. He thinks previous owner burned out the boot-loader in the ECM with it, so it couldn't be removed.

At the Indy Dyno last year, I ran 453/867. IIRC (I had a lot of beers), the operator said those were engine numbers, not rear-wheel. Everybody laughed and said that dyno was wayyy out of whack when I ran and no way were those numbers right. These numbers from Dave's dyno seem to back those up now.

No, I didn't go racing. I was dead tired...I went home and was in bed by 10PM.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wish I Could Have Stayed And Played In The Riendeer Games With Ya All!:shrug: That Funny Thing We Call A Job Got In The Way :barf: :RTFM:

·
Registered
295 Posts
If it was the tune you had in it when you took me for a drive it is fast ! great #'s Blake!

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
Nice numbers from a bunch of folks there for sure!

·
PBR me ASAP
96 Posts
C.A.P said:
If it was the tune you had in it when you took me for a drive it is fast ! great #'s Blake!
This tune runs about .3 faster than when you rode in it.

ISurvivedNMU said:
Blake needs to change his name to Mr Consistent.....
As long as I do my job at the light and let the truck do the rest.

·
DPM Mobile Dyno
508 Posts
Dyno numbers are up guys.

Great to meet a bunch of ya up there. Wish we would have had more time to just hang out and go to the track.

Dyno Results

Blake, did you run the tune on the track you dyno'd with? Eric said you scaled 6600 and ran 105 mph. Is that correct? Great job!!!:Thumbup:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just for comparison sake (not to take away from Blake) my 02 (near 7700 as raced) went 12.9 at 103.45 on my best run on fuel and [email protected] 109 on spray.

I also ran a 17.7 at 111mph which is more like it in the mph dept. I snubbed the engine with the spray then relit it and still was only .2 behind the car I paired up with! Anyhow, having a non functional wastegate and possibly a low bottle, my mph was off. I found my boost valve had been blown out of my wastegate hose on both ends...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dyno day was some good fun, and the ol 7.3 put down 430 hp. The only thing that wasn't fun was getting pulled over by a cop for smokin him. Man I looked twice and didn't see him untill I pulled out and layed a cloud and saw a red bubble coming up on me fast through the smoke. I was warming up the trans and truck before my dyno on James street I think (next to merchants shop) My luck sucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
bobo said:
You picked the worst race to pull that one out of your butt, you beat ME! Thanks a lot. Now I have to go do more tuning.
That run wasn't pulled out of my butt. The truck has always been capable of this, just lacked the proper tuning. Now that I am in control things will change Those were strip runs 1-4 for 2006 (you got #2) for me. In 2004 I made a half dozen runs. In 2005 I made 3 or 4 runs. Even if you catch me you still need to remember that I'm spotting you well over 1000#...

How many runs have you made this year?

·
Registered
43 Posts
that was the first person i heard of getting pulled over....i guess i got lucky! i did 538hp but only pegged 34 psi. the next day i ran my personal best so far of a 12.28 at 109.80. theres always next time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts