The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a new clutch in last week...driving down the and it wont go in gear get it towed to the house and it wont go in gear..if you turn it off and put it in gear and turn it back on it takes off everything is new and i got the flywheel resurfced let me know with any ideas...my head mechanic thinks that i possibley welded the clutch to the flywheel??... has any 1 eles ever dont this let me know ideas thanks Seth

·
758 Posts
Bill said is your hydraulics working? Does your clutch petal feel the same as before? Did you let your clutch break in before you added power to it? Did the clutch ever slip on you after you installed it?

Bill that sure does look like you flipping the burgers :poke: LOL

Dan

·
38 Posts
well got it all tore down and the clutch was welded to the fly wheel...i called kentucky clutch and they are gonna give me a new clutch...any ideas on what cause this to happen??like i said the clutch is only 1 week old...he said the brake in period was 50 stop and goes i put onver 200 miles on it and still never gave it real hell but thanks 4 the input...

B

·
0 Posts
Clutch is probably rated way less than what you are putting into it. Only way to weld one is to slip and build up the heat or it was never fully engaging/disengaing.

·
38 Posts
o i never noticed it to slip so i am thinking it never did fully disengage what cause it to do this???........where did u dyno your truck at??

B

·
0 Posts
Bad clutch design, improper install, weak hydraulics could all be reason for not engaging/disengaging properly.

My avatar pic was taken at Merchants Spring Fling in Michigan this past June.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o really...well thanks 4 the help i like your truck looks good ...

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bouncer what kind of clutch do u run??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts