The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michigan Diesels it's time to hit the rollers! Get the those Christmas presents you bought yourself installed and let's put them to the test!

Where: Motor City Steel in Commerce, MI (Southeast Michigan)
Welcome to Motor City Steel

When: Saturday, January 19th Doors open at 9am - ???

Cost: $75 per truck

Who's Invited: EVERYONE! Let's have some fun!

So far I told them we would roughly have 20 trucks (just threw a number out). I haven't been to their shop since they moved, but they said they have an area for us to hang out indoors during this event. I plan to stop by the shop this week to check it out.

They have 12 foot doors so height will hopefully not be a problem. Additionally, they have Run Duallies on their Dyno with no issues, but I requested an exact width limitation. I also warned them about excessive smoke and they said they had 3 and 4 in. hoses... I suggested they get bigger hoses. Their only expressed concern was smoke control for stacks (anyone have hoses layin around?).

I'm relatively new to this site and I haven't met any members here.... this would be a great michigan meet and greet!!!!!

So who's game???

Doze

ps. I threw this together in 4 days so please be patient. And by all means i'm open to suggestions/concerns/help with food? drinks? heaters? etc.

·
The Big Meanie
5,220 Posts
DOZE....where in the hell ya been man? Sounds like a good time, might have to make a little road trip!!!!!

kevin

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bigdraft, I've been travelin' living in the desert out west for most of last year. I'm only back in michigan for a few more weeks, so I thought i would try to get some michigan diesels together! ... let me know when you are coming for sure. I got this posted on other sites so I'll be posting the number of trucks confirmed as the event gets closer.

rcannon, Lookin forward to meeting you! as for the propane heater, can't ever have enough heat in January!

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's up all? I originally posted in a "regional - eastern" thread but i think it may get more views here.... I have this posted on other diesel sites and I would love to all brands represented, so here I am. I've confirmed roughly 15 trucks (all ford & GM so far) to dyno and more to just hang out.

--- Michigan All Diesel Mid-Winter Dyno Day ---

Michigan Diesels it's time to hit the rollers! Get the those Christmas presents you bought yourself installed and let's put them to the test!

Where: Motor City Steel in Commerce, MI (Southeast Michigan)
Welcome to Motor City Steel

When: Saturday, January 19th Doors open at 9am - ???

Cost: $75 per truck for 3 runs

Who's Invited: EVERYONE! Let's have some fun!

So far I told them we would roughly have 20 trucks (just threw a number out). I haven't been to their shop since they moved, but they said they have an area for us to hang out indoors during this event. I plan to stop by the shop this week to check it out.

They have 12 foot doors so height will hopefully not be a problem. Additionally, they have Run Duallies on their Dyno with no issues, but I requested an exact width limitation. I also warned them about excessive smoke and they said they had 3 and 4 in. hoses... I suggested they get bigger hoses. Their only expressed concern was smoke control for stacks (anyone have hoses layin around?).

I'm relatively new to this site and I haven't met any members here.... this would be a great michigan meet and greet!!!!!

So who's game???

Doze

ps. I threw this together in 4 days so please be patient. And by all means i'm open to suggestions/concerns/help with food? drinks? heaters? etc.

·
Registered
505 Posts
hey tom- i live like 10 minutes away from this place! i dont know if i could make itLOL too far away! i"ll be there, along with my brother (turbojoe), cumminslow, and cummapart(members here)

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
I hear Merchant is taking Ol' Blue to this one. :popcorn:

·
Registered
557 Posts
As long as they are properly equipped to handle Diesel's... MA crew will roll in.

I'm 0 for 5 on indoor Mustang Dyno's so far.... Everyone of them has broken or can not get tach signal.

·
3,939 Posts
dmaxvaz said:
hey tom- i live like 10 minutes away from this place! i dont know if i could make itLOL too far away! i"ll be there, along with my brother (turbojoe), cumminslow, and cummapart(members here)
We're planning on meeting up at a breakfast joint beforehand. Whether thats Cracker Barrel, Dennys, Bob Evans or a mom-n-pop place is still up in the air. C.A.P. says he knows of a great place, but hasn't told anyone what it is yet.

As for the evening, scuttlebutt is that we may be going to CJ's Brewery to celebrate and talk diesel!

Would be great to finally meet you, Vaz!

·
Registered
505 Posts
let me know, the breakfast meet and greet(where its at that is)

·
Registered
505 Posts
TheBac said:
We're planning on meeting up at a breakfast joint beforehand. Whether thats Cracker Barrel, Dennys, Bob Evans or a mom-n-pop place is still up in the air. C.A.P. says he knows of a great place, but hasn't told anyone what it is yet.

As for the evening, scuttlebutt is that we may be going to CJ's Brewery to celebrate and talk diesel!

Would be great to finally meet you, Vaz!
met you at merchants last june, you were kind of busy with the whole event and all.

·
Registered
849 Posts
is us Ohioans welcome ?LOL

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OHIO's welcome!

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stopped by the shop today. Everything looks good - Plenty of room and parking. Our indoor hangout area will be an emptied 3 car bay.

info update...

-Info on D-max tach signal pending.

-They shop will be driving the trucks on the dyno.

-Width limitation for duallies and Lifted trucks is 103 inches.

-Long Bed Crew Cabs take longer to secure to the dyno, have to strap them down mid-frame.

They dyno list is filling up! I will get an updated number posted asap.

·
3,939 Posts
I merged the two threads together, doze. Also moved them to "Events" area.

C.A.P mentioned breakfast at BIFFS in the Dunkin Donuts Plaza on Union Lk Rd and Commerce Rd. Looks like that may be the place.

So you're already putting a dyno list together? If so, how many trucks do they think they'll want to run? How do we sign up?

Also....anyone got a cordless impact for us GM guys, so we can easily remove our splash shields?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts