The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has one installed and how did they work? Not for me but a couple of neighbors

·
75 Posts
that seems to be the most common feede back we get too, not a huge power gain at 30hp but it's the fuel economy that most want anyway, power is just a perk.

kyle

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
I'm getting about a 2-3 gain on my Edge Comp... You can get simular results by disconnecting the injection pump lead and setting it at 4x4 or 5x5... All the timing but limited fuel...

Remember speed and heavy foot tend to degrade the bonuses that electronics give... So lighten you foot and the savings will come! :Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
cutting the pump wire and crankin it up is what I thought would work, but it's been said often on here that doing that pretty much brings it to 3x1 or something. I don't know either way. It's just been what's been said.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Phily 911 said:
cutting the pump wire and crankin it up is what I thought would work, but it's been said often on here that doing that pretty much brings it to 3x1 or something. I don't know either way. It's just been what's been said.
Maybe I do a research study and see what way works the best... Time to breakout the ScanGauge II and do some driving...

·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. both the guys I know have ho's so I figured this would give them a little and some mileage and its less money. maybe they just need and ez??

·
Registered
54 Posts
A set of RV275 injectors will give ya a nice boost in HP and Mileage also. :Thumbup:

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
sweet03cobra said:
does that scangauge work good?
Excellent! It calibrated to the fuel flow of the truck so its dead on compared to the overhead idiot that is NOT calibrated and can never be calibrated to match fuel flows with aftermarket enhancements...

On my Cummins I've got a Edge Comp and it calibrated for it... (Offset of 2%)

On my Mom's 96 Gasser its got a Mopar Performance PCM and calibrated for that too... (Offset 233%)

I can re-calibrate anytime I want and plug it into any OBD II vehilce I want... It just works! :Thumbup: (Few vehicles not compatible)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts