The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 1300 miles on my LML now and am just impressed. There are a few people on the site that say mileage doesn't matter but to me it was a reason to trade the F-550 in.

These are hand calculated figures and hopefully they will continue to get better.
Pulling my trailer from KY to WV round trip is about 200 miles I averaged 8.4.
Empty truck going to Louisville this weekend running 70 mph (80 a few times) 15.2 mpg.
Just thought I would share and maybe some others would post up with figures on LML's.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Joey, you're rediculous!LOL:thumbsup

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it feel towing?

What are the specs on the truck?
Truck feels very stable when pulling my trailer, GM really did a good job with the boxed frame. Exhaust brake is great with the transmission they work together works well here in the east KY hills.

Truck is an SLT

·
590 Posts
Truck feels very stable when pulling my trailer, GM really did a good job with the boxed frame. Exhaust brake is great with the transmission they work together works well here in the east KY hills.

Truck is an SLT
No offense to those who dont, but this is what i like to see. Info from folks who really work a truck.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Truck feels very stable when pulling my trailer, GM really did a good job with the boxed frame.
The ride aspect would have to be lots better; the ol' F550 you previously owned absolutely gave my kidneys fits to and from Cresco, IA.

The ol' kidneys are almost back to normal though......

·
1 Posts
2011 mileage concern

I upgraded from my (purchased new) 2002 Duramax 2500HD-LT - banks 6-gun & exhaust to a 2011 2500HD-LTZ. The 2002 was running a true 15-16 combined MPG in the winter, 16-17 combined in the summer, 19-20 HWY in the summer. Don't get me wrong, except for a few new blind spots and the fact XM surcharges you additional fees for stern, the truck is much more solid and will be great once an on the fly tuner is available. With that being said...

What is up with the mileage?

The average MPG combine is 11 at best.

I do a little plowing (my rental properties) and I average 8.9. It is not good, but I can live with that.

On the highway (empty) doing the same trip and I will get 18 one time and 9 the next. (true mileage... miles driven/ fuel used).

Dealer says no codes=no problems. :damnit

Does anyone have some suggestions. I know during regin mileage will be down but...

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Welcome to life with a DPF. since the new emission standards mileage has tanked. Even adding a tuner wont really help on mileage becuase it will make the truck regen (clean) the dpf more often.

·
154 Posts
Gears

What axel ratio are you guys running in these new chev/Gmc trucks?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
3.73 is the standard for most 2500's

·
1,705 Posts
Depends on the truck. My buddys 6.7 Cummins motors get aroudn 20 with H&S DPF delete parts and a Mini-Max. I'd think a D-Max with all the deletes would be decent too.

Welcome to life with a DPF. since the new emission standards mileage has tanked. Even adding a tuner wont really help on mileage becuase it will make the truck regen (clean) the dpf more often.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
The LML's have better mileage compared to the LMM's in stock form

·
That guy
141 Posts
Depends on the truck. My buddys 6.7 Cummins motors get aroudn 20 with H&S DPF delete parts and a Mini-Max. I'd think a D-Max with all the deletes would be decent too.
Seems most are only see about a 1-1.5MPG improvement with the DEF deletes from H&S from reports at DP. Basically the fuel savings comes in from the lack of regens. DEF doesn't seem to be nowhere near as bad as peopel would have thought it to be so far(unless you live in a cold climate).

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
the DEF was having issues with freezing but thats about it

people who are against DEF are afraid of something they dont understand... Might as well get used to it, its not going away

·
11 Posts
How old is your fuel filter? I know mine is an LMM but at 62- 65 on the hiway i can get 22-24 MPG's with a new fuel filter. I just changed from the factroy system to the Nictane system so not sure if that will help with mileage or just clean the fuel better and make the injectors last longer.

·
Banned
713 Posts
the DEF was having issues with freezing but thats about it

people who are against DEF are afraid of something they dont understand... Might as well get used to it, its not going away
One of my main reasons for picking out the new 6.7L H.O. Cummins... no DEF!!!! :knight :mafia1: :usflag

1 - 20 of 35 Posts