The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 24valve auto trans
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang I’m new to the forum and I’m not sure if this topic has been discussed. I have a 99 24valve auto trans 4x4 with 188k on her. The valves, vp44 and lift pump (fass fuel) were all replaced or adjusted about 10 years ago but have just under 15k miles on them. Also while in the garage the mechanic felt the trans was hunting a bit and added a filter. That mechanic had a shop that serviced not only much of the county vehicles, other commercial and light duty commercial as well as private owners. Also he was my neighbor and has since retired and moved so I don’t have him as a resource. filters were changed regularly. About 4K miles after the install the inline filter coming from the fass did cause a low flow causing the truck to die and the low flow was indicated by the added light. It does have a mild hyper tech tune. About 5k miles ago I noticed that if you were barley pushing on the accelerator as if your driving through a parking lot a slight miss could be felt. It has gotten worse. If you push on the accelerator and get it to right about 900 rpm it’s has a distinct miss much like someone flipping a switch on and off. I threw a $20 apps sensor on it just to rule that out with no change. Fuel mileage seems to be about the same maybe a fuzz lower but hanging right around high 19 low 20’s. It does seem like the exhaust is a bit rich at idle but I feel that could be me looking for an issue and just never noticed it. Any ideas? Thanks Jim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts